Re: so how is the new 2.3.4 update
scottthreet32
Well that's why I'm waiting and hopefully a VZW employee will trip into this thread and read about these problems, I like my froyo app and with gingerbread 2.3.4 it will kill it along with more problems I don't want or need
0 Likes
Tboltaz
Contributor - Level 1

wynae99 wrote:

Good afternoon all....

I have been following the forum for months waiting for this GB to finally help with alot of the same little issues that I have been experiencing as most of you on here... But I don't stay up completely on this so could someone please take a moment and explain to me ALL THE NEW FUN THINGS IN GB????? lol... I see the apps screens changed and my drop down notifications screen change but what else??? I want to have some serious fun with my phone now that it's SHOULD be finally working up to par...  O and it does move alot faster I can agree with that... Thanks SOOOO much in advance... And if this is a repeated question (which I am sure it is I am NOT going thru months of comments to find it..lol..sorry) please accept my apologies...

Thanks again.. :smileyhappy:

http://support.verizonwireless.com/pdf/system_update/thunderbolt.pdf

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

sherweed wrote:
I am having a serious problem since the update. Whenever I use 4G, my battery drains in less than an hour and my phone gets so hot that I can't hold it. I have to switch the phone to 3G and reboot to fix it. Verizon tech support says this is not a known issue but I have seen other posts complaining about this issue.
You might want to get a different battery to check with or have your current battery checked out. I can run my phone for several hours on 4G before the battery is drained to 30% or so. I use both the standard and extended battery.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

@ sherweed

Also are you running the stock standard battery or the extended battery, I have came to the conclution that the stock battery may be made of cheaper cells because it does drop fast at times where the extended does way better.

Now I KNOW :smileyvery-happy: the extended battery suppose to last longer but the regular battery drops almost instantly a couple of percent within a minute of being unplugged no matter what, where the extended battery will drop one percent after about 45 minutes to a hour when I am still using it...   Just something I noticed.

Also extended doesnt get hot like the standard battery does and I have had it replaced twice already...

0 Likes
scottthreet32
Since day one extended battery, modded an otterbox to work with thunderbolt,frankincased it
0 Likes
scottthreet32
0 Likes
scottthreet32
Modded case link versaweld plastic weld epoxy, wax paper and luck,epoxy is set in15 min 24 hour cure
0 Likes
SpudSpeculation

I totally posted this in the wrong forum.  I see that this is a HTC thunderbolt thread, my bad.  

0 Likes