problems with phone since update of 12/20/2011
imemine53

There was an update yesterday on my htc Thunderbolt and ever since my phone keeps turning on the wifi, tries signing into youtube and has all sorts of notifications.

I called Verizon and they insist on sending me another phone because its happening to a minority of users.

I really don't want another phone.  Any one else having this problem or any other problems?

thank you

M

0 Likes
Re: problems with phone since update of 12/20/2011
jonathanbottoms

I haven't had those specific issues, however, my date connection in either 3G or 4G is now horrendous. For whatever reason, I now lose signal all together several times a day. Also, many of my apps are not functioning properly as they had before. I will be in touch with Verizon tomorrow, best of luck to you.

0 Likes
DroidM
Enthusiast - Level 2

imemine53 wrote:

There was an update yesterday on my htc Thunderbolt and ever since my phone keeps turning on the wifi, tries signing into youtube and has all sorts of notifications.

I called Verizon and they insist on sending me another phone because its happening to a minority of users.

I really don't want another phone.  Any one else having this problem or any other problems?

thank you

M

Noticing the Same Thing With My Phone. WiFi keeps turning on randomely. It's anoying and also a drain on Battery (All be it proably not a big one) Considering The T-Bolts Battery consumpith as is Im not a fan of this new glitch.

Also sense the GB Update my Car dock will only work if I unplug the dock befor puting my phon einto it. It's anoying and ALSO a pain because If I forget to plug it back in it eats my battery alive. It be nice if this coudl have been fixed in this update as well.

Althou I have not experianced ALOT of the glitches with this phone that many have. (I have a great 4G signal on a regular bases, My phone was efected minorly buy the random reboot, ect ect) I'm realy geting tired of all this. You woudl think they coudl send out an update that actualy FIX the phone and dose not cause MORE problems WITH OUT fix the curent ones.

For the most part I am happy with my T-Bolt but I am also looking forward to the day I upgrade as well. I sware Ill never buy another HTC Phone again.

0 Likes
babygirlga

My phone won't "ring" since the upgrade...so, unless I keep it right in front of me, I'm going to miss every freaking call I get now....uggggggggggh...I loved my Thunderbolt until now...why me!?!?!?

0 Likes
babygirlga

yay me!!! i fixed it!! removed Volume Control + app and voila!!! my ringer works again!!

I LOVE MY THUNDERBOLT!!!

:womanhappy:

0 Likes
imemine53

I love my thunderbolt too.

I figured out the wifi problem.  While it was on the docking station I went to settings and told it to turn off wifi while on docking station. LOL

I don't know if I should do an exchange or just send back the reconditioned one they sent me.  I thinkn I'll stay with mine.

thanks all

<

0 Likes
B21956

Wish I could say the same (Love my Thunderbolt).  It has been a good phone (*)

(*) After this recent middle of the day pushed download (why can't they simply give us a do it now or defer till later option???) my phone will no longer connect to wi-fi.  The standard process for them is reset to factory which is a HUGE PIA since I have numerous work apps I will have to reinstall.  So I punted and just did the reset.  NOW I CANNOT CONNECT TO ANYTHING - NOT EVEN WITH A STRONG 4G SIGNAL!!!

If they think they are going to send me a refurbed phone when I have only had this for 4 months they are SADLY mistaken.

Any ideas will be appreciated...

0 Likes
Arcainum_Pilot

I haven't had the other problems listed, at least not badly.  Now and then I will suddenly drop signal, but normally will get 3G back right away and then 4G after a bit.  The biggest problem I have had is with the browser.  The stock browser has been super flakey since the update.  The status bar at the top will vanish randomly on a lot of pages and it will crash a lot.  Other than that, my Thunderbolt has been a stable phone since I got it.  The Gingerbread update did cause it a lot of problems with notifications and the thing takes forever to boot now.  Never had any of the other commonly reported problems before gingerbread though.

0 Likes