problems with phone moving back to 1x a lot of the time
lettucechief

so idk if already posted or not, but im having major network problems.

i live on the boirder of a 4G zone, so i get it sometimes. a lotta times actually.

but when in school or out of school, my phone drops to 1x most often and sometimes 3G.

it takes about 10 seconds to switch between networks and itll happen midload of a webpage... causing it to be twice as long.

its makin me maddd man, i expected problems with 4G not 3g.

everywhere round me is 3g... so why am i falling back on 1x? it happens a lot too, and my friends droid X falls back onto 1x as well...

i think this is what is killing the battery, the constant search for a network.

i turned on airplane mode all morning, and by 12 my battery was at 86% percent after listening to some music. then at 12 i took it off airplane mode and my 1 it was 60%. i just ordered a set of two 1500 mAh batteries for $28, so that should be good. and also a wall charger for hte batteries lol

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: problems with phone moving back to 1x a lot of the time
FAUguy
Enthusiast - Level 3

I found this posted on the Verizon support forum by a customer, he said to go into the Wireless Settings/Mobile Network menu and uncheck the Data Roaming box and change the Select System from Automatic to Home Only. After you do that, turn the phone off and back on. I did that earlier today and so far it has stayed on 4G and hasn't bounced between 3G and 1X like it has been over the past few days.

If anyone is having issues keeping a 4G signal, you might want to give that a try.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
lettucechief

bump

0 Likes
mikedobb1140

I do not live close to a 4G area and probably won't for the next year, but the Thunderbolt is suppose to be backwards compatible with 3G, however my Thunderbolt has not once connected to 3G. It only goes back and forth with 1x or nothing at all. Does anyone have a clue as to what causes this because I sure as heck don't. I tried to call tech support but had to hang up after being on hold for over 40 minutes. I've done some searching on the subject and found I'm not the only one with this issue but haven't been able to find a solution. Wondering if anyone here can help

0 Likes
dcsphoto
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yesterday my TB started switching back to 1X and would not get 3G at all.

Finally in the evening I tried rebooting the phone.   When I did I saw a message real fast about being out of memory.

It rebooted, and since then I am dropping back to 3G when out of a 4G area.

0 Likes
FAUguy
Enthusiast - Level 3

I found this posted on the Verizon support forum by a customer, he said to go into the Wireless Settings/Mobile Network menu and uncheck the Data Roaming box and change the Select System from Automatic to Home Only. After you do that, turn the phone off and back on. I did that earlier today and so far it has stayed on 4G and hasn't bounced between 3G and 1X like it has been over the past few days.

If anyone is having issues keeping a 4G signal, you might want to give that a try.

0 Likes
IwannaSeeMore

interesting, thanks.

0 Likes