phone GPS when lost
vmarler14

Is there anyways to track my phone when I have lost it?

0 Likes
Re: phone GPS when lost
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

If you don't have a locator already installed on it, go to the Play Store and look up an app called "Plan B."

rcschnoor
Legend

As long as the phone is on, receiving a signal and the battery hasn't died, "Plan B" will work wonderfully.

0 Likes
vmarler14

i have not received any email to my gmail yet...do I have to do anything once i download Plan B from my computer?

0 Likes
vmarler14

i have not received any email to my gmail yet...do I have to do anything once i download Plan B from my computer?

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

I think you would just sign into your Gmail account from your computer to get location. And your phone should be signed into your Gmail account from activating it.

Here are the Plan B instructions at market.android.com:

1. Install Plan B to the phone that you are trying to find from the Android Market website: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.lookout.labs.planb.

2. Plan B will start automatically and send your phone’s location to your Gmail address.

3. To locate again after 10 minutes, borrow a friend’s phone and text the word “locate” to your lost phone.

Good luck! Let us know if it works.

0 Likes
vmarler14

I did that, and I have received no emails Smiley Sad

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

This could mean the phone is turned off, is not receiving a signal, or the battery has died.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to hear you lost your phone. In regards to tracking a lost device, unless you had a third party application installed on your phone prior to losing it, we are unfortunately unable to physically locate it.

We do have the ability to place your lost device on our lost/stolen list which will restrict anyone from currently using it and prevent any future use of the device as well.

Also if you have insurance on your phone you can click on the link provided below to file a claim.  http://bit.ly/07CrqPK

Thank you,

GeorgeP_Vzw

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes