Re: HTC SENSE has "quirks"
dcsphoto
Enthusiast - Level 3

What features/functionality is missing from secondary e-mail accounts?

I am running 2 e-mail accounts on my TB and they both are working fine.   I don't see any difference with the 2nd account.

On my Doid2 I used to run K9 mail, but now use the Stock HTC Sense client and am very happy with it.

The only thing I am running into is on my mail server when we delete from Outlook it goes into 'Deleted Items'.  When I delete from on the TB, it goes into a 'Trash' folder on the server.     I know someone with an iPad and it sends deleted to a 'Deleted Messages' folder so this isn't anTB issue.  

I'm wondering if anyone know how to properly direct deleted messages.

0 Likes
TBoltJ

On my Yahoo email I have accounts for my business site that are tied to my main yahoo email. I can set up the primary email to update via "email" app but it wont find the secondary email account tied to my primary. I played wit hthe settings, etc. and couldnt get it to work. This is what they are referring to.

0 Likes
dmruser
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think it would be great if a Verizon person would respond to this.  I talked to over half a dozen Verizon people about this and nobody had a clue.  I kept asking for the issue to be escalated.  Finally they transferred me to HTC.  To me this isn't an obscure issue.  Email functionality is pretty significant and intrinsic to a smartphone, IMO.  Why did I need to go through all that wasted time when surely someone at Verizon is tasked with monitoring these forums and those people should be versed in the "quirks" of the hardware. 

0 Likes
dmruser
Enthusiast - Level 3

I didn't ask the HTC guy to tell me exactly the email functionality that is sacrificed on the secondary accounts.   I guess I should have asked for more details but I had had enough of all the tech support people and I had to think about my job for a change!

The one that I found on my own - embedded elements don't work in secondary emails. 

Maybe a Verizon person can come on here and give us the rest of the list.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

they wont know.

0 Likes
Re: new tbolt, all kinds of quirks
blondie576
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just set the times for 12:01AM to 12:00 PM.  That is how I got around it.

0 Likes
Re: new tbolt, all kinds of quirks
dmruser
Enthusiast - Level 3

Once I got the phone and found out that I wasn't getting my email very quickly, I went scounting around on the phone and I did use that for my polling.  Thanks!

Is there a thread on this forum that is "helpful hints" for the Tbolt?  Maybe that could be one of them for newbies.

0 Likes