htc thunderbolt software update knocked out voice dialer recognition of my address book
nli

I'm in Tucson. I purchased my $265.00 4g thunderbol at the end of October with the hope of enjoying all of it's apps and particularily the safety of voice dialing recognition. within two weeks the software "upgrade" knocked out that app. i spent 2.5 hrs with verizon and htc tech supoort and the best they could do is say they know it caused a problem and there's nothing they can do except send me a "certified new" phone ( which means it was sent back to them and refurbished because someone else had problems) and the new one might have the same problems.

has anyone else hd to deal with this frustration? they are all too happy to send the phone but unike my laptop which gives me an option of allowing an update, they push it through without a patch to fix the inevitable problem it causes.

oh and someone named rios in albeqerque who said he's a manager(which is not likely by his lack of knowledge of the english language0 then got on the phone from verizon and denied me the new phone. i asked for a new replacement motorola droid razor  that didn't have these issues and tried to explain the safety of the app which the upgrade knocked out and he said"it's only one app that's not working and we are not sending you a new phone and htc was responsible. of course htc says it's up to verizon to send out the new phone.as a solution but he would not send me a new one.

anyone else??

0 Likes
Re: htc thunderbolt software update knocked out voice dialer recognition of my address book
RMLJ
Contributor - Level 1
What exactly do you mean by knocked out I use voice dialing sometimes with my Bluetooth. Of course it likes to misunderstand me a lot though.
0 Likes
Re: htc thunderbolt software update knocked out voice dialer recognition of my address book
terri_09

I have the same problem!!  It also knocked out a couple of other things . So theres  no help through tech support? Smiley Sad

0 Likes