htc one purple haze
nathun42
Enthusiast - Level 1

My HTC One (M7) has a purple haze when using the camera in low light. I've heard HTC can fix it if I ship them the phone. How do I get this done? I do NOT want a refurbished phone.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: htc one purple haze
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

nathun42,

I am so sorry to hear about the camera issues on your HTC. The purple haze your are referring to, does it show up on when you take the picture or when you are in the camera app trying to take a picture? Have you already contacted HTC about sending in your phone to have them fix it? If not, you can contact HTC at 866-449-8358.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

Tidbits
Legend

If you are under warranty you'll go through Verizon as it's faster than going through HTC.  If  you are out of warranty the only option is HTC.  Either way it's a refurb.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

nathun42,

I am so sorry to hear about the camera issues on your HTC. The purple haze your are referring to, does it show up on when you take the picture or when you are in the camera app trying to take a picture? Have you already contacted HTC about sending in your phone to have them fix it? If not, you can contact HTC at 866-449-8358.

LindseyT_VZW

Samurai315

I have exactly the same issue with mine...it's only in low light or when i switch from high light to low light.  How do I find out if my phone is still under warranty???

0 Likes
Samurai315

I have the same issue....did you ever get this resolved???  If so how?  thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's odd Samurai315! Let's see if we can solve this mystery. When did you start experiencing this problem?

The HTC One has a 1 year manufacturer's warranty from the date of purchase, and can be replaced if this issue cannot be fixed, as long as the device is in good condition and is not damaged.

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW

RUrquico

So what do we do if it's out of warranty? I just started to notice it on my phone and my year ended 09/06/14 i think.

Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RUrquico,
I can clarify! If the device is not under warranty you will need to review other replacement options or resolutions. Options may include, upgrading, purchasing a new device, contacting HTC for any available options. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW

0 Likes
B33
Legend

If there is any way you can upgrade it might be best to go this route.. See what your Trade in Value is and try that if your account allows it ask about service billing, pay part of the new phone when you take delivery and the rest with your monthly bill I use this method to buy my phones I service bill after my account cycles that way you have a month to pay it off..

0 Likes
cormacf

I'm having the same issue (so is my wife's phone, bought at the same time). Rumor on the street has it that the problem is (at least in part) caused by heat, once the camera starts to go. I took two pictures in low-light conditions, one after putting the phone in the refrigerator for a few minutes. This seems to bear that out.

Room temp:

http://cormac.com/images/pics/haze2.jpg

After cooling it to 40 degrees or so:

http://cormac.com/images/pics/haze1.jpg

I live in SoCal and keep my phone in my pocket, so that doesn't help much, though...

My replacement date is 9/21/2015. Does that mean I'm out of options if I don't want to buy a new phone at retail price?

0 Likes