Re: emails disappear
crshinn
Contributor - Level 1

I am now using K-9 Mail instead of the native Mail app.  Works flawlessly with all of my email accounts and has many more features than the native Mail app.

0 Likes
jammy26

This is ridiculous. I can't seem to find a solution to this issue anywhere. VZW, Can you please respond to this issue?

0 Likes
sdgeeek

My wife has been having the exact same problem on her Thunderbolt. Just started a couple weeks ago. Like you said, the text is there for a couple seconds, or until she trys to scroll down. Then it's gong and won't come back.. It is there on her laptop, just not on her phone... Happens to about half of the emails, but not all of them.  It had worked great up until a couple weeks ago. She is using Yahoo mail as her provider.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

sdgeeek wrote:

My wife has been having the exact same problem on her Thunderbolt. Just started a couple weeks ago. Like you said, the text is there for a couple seconds, or until she trys to scroll down. Then it's gong and won't come back.. It is there on her laptop, just not on her phone... Happens to about half of the emails, but not all of them.  It had worked great up until a couple weeks ago. She is using Yahoo mail as her provider.

You answered your question where I highlighted.

What happens is once you download the mail on your laptop, unless you have set your PC to keep emails on the server, once opened on your PC, they are removed from the server so the phone will no longer have access to them.

With K9 you have many more options which will allow you to keep messages on the phone (If you have opened them) and then go to your laptop and open mail.

0 Likes
crshinn
Contributor - Level 1

budone wrote:

sdgeeek wrote:

You answered your question where I highlighted.

What happens is once you download the mail on your laptop, unless you have set your PC to keep emails on the server, once opened on your PC, they are removed from the server so the phone will no longer have access to them.

With K9 you have many more options which will allow you to keep messages on the phone (If you have opened them) and then go to your laptop and open mail.

budone - the problem has nothing to do with the emails being removed from the server.  I have the same issue with brand new emails before even having the chance to view them on the computer.  Besides, you have no idea what she's using as her e-mail client.  If she's just viewing Yahoo Mail over a web browser then your hypothesis  wouldn't be true either. 

Like I said in an earlier post, it's a known issue reported to HTC from Verizon but in order for HTC to do anything to fix it the issue needs to get elevated.  That means that all of you need to call in to Verizon Customer Service and let them know that you're having this issue.  When I called last week I was only he 2nd person to report this issue to them. 

0 Likes
budone
Legend

If she is viewing it over the web browser it is not an HTC issue.

Since I have had 3 HTC devices and yes I did have an issue at one time with messages disappearing a second after they appeared on the list, and since I no longer have the issue and still have an HTC device, I thought I could offer a suggestion. But thanks for clueing me in on what I do not know. I greatly appeciate it and will let y'all figure it out yourselves. 

PS if all you did was to come here to complain and not want suggestions for how to correct it, why come here?

0 Likes
crshinn
Contributor - Level 1

budone wrote:

If she is viewing it over the web browser it is not an HTC issue.

Since I have had 3 HTC devices and yes I did have an issue at one time with messages disappearing a second after they appeared on the list, and since I no longer have the issue and still have an HTC device, I thought I could offer a suggestion. But thanks for clueing me in on what I do not know. I greatly appeciate it and will let y'all figure it out yourselves. 

PS if all you did was to come here to complain and not want suggestions for how to correct it, why come here?

"If she is viewing it over the web browser it is not an HTC issue."  Really?  So if she's viewing her Yahoo mail on her computer's web browser and everything is great but when she goes to view her emails on her HTC phone's native email app and they disappear then it's not HTC's fault?  Logic=broken

I didn't come on here to complain, I offered a real solution by saying that this is a known issue with Verizon and HTC and I asked people to report it so that HTC would fix it. 

[edited for courtesy]

0 Likes
RMLJ
Contributor - Level 1
I have been having the same issue with the stock email app and yahoo account until I unchecked auto download message. Go to menu/ more/ settings/ send and receive and uncheck auto download message. It seams that yahoo is adding something extra to the end of the email sometimes.
0 Likes
Not applicable

Thanks everyone for your feedback! One thing that I haven't seen mentioned is removing and re-adding the email account. Has anyone tried this so far? I saw one of my co-workers reported this issue & removing and re-adding the email worked for them. Please also try clearing cache from your Mail account after deleting the account. If this is still occurring, does this happen with every single email account?

0 Likes
RMLJ
Contributor - Level 1
Most of the time it happened to emails from Walmart also some forwarded emails. Now after the fix I posted above the email comes through fine at the bottom of the email it says download remaining 2k. If I click on download remaining 2k the body of the email will disappear so I don't click that. I uselected my trash folder to be one of the folders I auto download. Then somehow downloaded the emails in trash folder. At that point I could read the emails I could not before. Like I said if I click download remaining 2k the email disappears and just the header is left. Does anyone have this problem with another account besides a yahoo one?
0 Likes