email not working in Thunderbolt
leafer

Yesterday I received a message that my email crashed on my Thunderbolt, and now the Mail client won't work.  When I open it my email is not longer there and the menu of options is not the same as all of the online help that I've looked through says it will be.  My phone still says that all of my emails accounts are there, but I am not able to see them in the mail client.  Has this happened to anyone else?  What can be done to fix it?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: email not working in Thunderbolt
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried rebooting the phone to see if it resets the application and allows you to access the email app?

If you are willing to setup your email account again, you could remove the account from the Email application. Go to Settings > accounts & sync. Select the account and touch the "remove account" button.

After removing the email accounts, you can set them up again through the Mail application or the Accounts & Sync area of the phone's settings.

Message was edited by: Ann154

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried rebooting the phone to see if it resets the application and allows you to access the email app?

If you are willing to setup your email account again, you could remove the account from the Email application. Go to Settings > accounts & sync. Select the account and touch the "remove account" button.

After removing the email accounts, you can set them up again through the Mail application or the Accounts & Sync area of the phone's settings.

Message was edited by: Ann154

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
leafer

Thanks for your help.  I removed all my email accounts and re-added them as you suggested, and I am now able to view my email again on my phone.  Thank you very much for taking the time to respond!

0 Likes