double contact info when creating a new sms
VishalPatel

Hi,

i was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this. When i create a new text message through the app, i see the contact im trying to send a text to twice. i was wondering 1) has this happened to anyone else and 2) how do i get rid of it? ive attached a photo to show what it looks like.

Software information:

Device: HTC One M8 (model # HTC6525LVW)

Android: 5.0.1

HTC Sense: 6.0

0 Likes
Re: double contact info when creating a new sms
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Double contacts would be confusing to us as well, VishalPatel. Let's get to the bottom of this. What text app are you using? Do you have some of the same contacts in different accounts, such as email, Facebook, etc?

LynnD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
VishalPatel

Lynn,

I currently use the Verizon Messages+ app on my phone.

In my phone's contacts list, i just have it showing my main google account contacts. What i notice in the duplicate contacts, is that one number if formatted correctly while the other is not. ive attached a picture of the issue here. Screenshot_2015-09-08-09-49-53.png

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

VishalPatel,

That definitely helps. If you go into your main contacts app and choose to show all contacts are these contacts listed multiple times?

AndrewT_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
VishalPatel

Hi Andrew,

when checking all of the contacts, they are not duplicated. it just shows one record per contact. i checked the contact in the image i sent above and she is only listed once, with only 1 phone number in her profile.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

VishalPatel,

We don't want this issue to continue & are here to make sure we get this taken care of. Double contacts in a text is unusaual indeed. Is this happening for every text you are trying to send? Have you been able to see in the Google Play store if the Verizon Messages app has an update to do? Please keep us posted.

AliciaS_VZW

0 Likes
VishalPatel

this happens for every new text i create. So if I'm sending a text to someone i do not have a current conversation with, i will see this behavior.

I checked the App store and there is no update at the moment. My app started to see issues after the previous update. This is when i started to see double contacts, i could no longer click on an URL and have it open in the browser. I have to copy and paste all links into their respective programs (phone numbers, URLS, etc....).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

VishalPatel,

We want nothing more than to get your messaging to work correctly again. Let's dig deeper into this. What device do you have? Have you tried to erase some conversation threads?

JuanD_VZW

0 Likes
PDK58

I m having the same issue since updates done yesterdy.

HTC desire 626.

Tried re-instlling update. same thing.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to make sure that we get to the bottome of this PDK58.  I am  unable to find this issue duplicated but it is starting to alarm me.   Does it happen to all the contacts?

YareliM_VZW

0 Likes