deleting unwanted apps
northshoreboyz3

pressing on the unwanted app & sliding it to the remove box does not remove app from screen, how else can it be removed from screen?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: deleting unwanted apps
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

So if you hold it over remove and let go, it doesn't go off of your home screen? 

If you want to get rid of an app that wasn't pre-installed app, go into Settings-Applications-Manage Applications.  Find the app and hit uninstall

View solution in original post

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

the preinstalled apps can't be removed unless you mess with the OS (which i wouldn't do unless you really know what you're doing).

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Are you talking about the home screen or the app drawer?  If you want to get rid of an icon on one of the actual home screens, long press and drag it over the remove section and it will turn red like the image below.  

0 Likes
northshoreboyz3

unwanted app was not preinstalled, i just don't want it anymore

0 Likes
northshoreboyz3

tried that, don't work

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

So if you hold it over remove and let go, it doesn't go off of your home screen? 

If you want to get rid of an app that wasn't pre-installed app, go into Settings-Applications-Manage Applications.  Find the app and hit uninstall

0 Likes
bishopsring

Even on blockbuster while going to manage applications, the uninstall feature is greyed out. I can not get rid of it. Like most of the bloatware, i just want it off of my phone.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

bishopsring wrote:

Even on blockbuster while going to manage applications, the uninstall feature is greyed out. I can not get rid of it. Like most of the bloatware, i just want it off of my phone.

you can't get rid of the preinstalled apps unless you root the phone (which i don't suggest).

0 Likes
butifulmom

I can't get rid of Amazon Kindle. I never did use it, so want to get rid of it, but can't do it in the usual way. It doesn't show up when I do Settings-Apps-Manage Apps. Any other ideas? Other than root?

0 Likes