Re: battery
alfieferenzo84

DO NOT USE APP KILLERS

Also i have charged my tb over 10x now

4g 2-3hrs

3g 3hr

1x 4hrs

Those are use times so if you check your phone every 15min for 1 sec it will last a long time. But i like to use my phone. You will not get more then 4hrs of use time on this phone

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

when you say "use" do you mean actual "awake time"?? the reason i ask is bacause that's about all i get on my current device. i can get about 2.5 hours of awake time (actual use) and another 8-10 hours of up time (idle/standby). if the tbolt can get that then i'd be content.

0 Likes
argyleylw

How do you even get that much time? Thats almost 8 hours from 9:45 am to 7 pm. I am lucky if i get 4 hours and I have adjusted all of my settings for the least amount of battery use!

0 Likes
argyleylw

its the same for me i get 4 hours just doing nothing and having the phone on standby this sucks

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

What does it show under Settings-About Phone-Battery-Battery Use?  If you select Display, what does it show for Time On?

0 Likes
argyleylw

PJNC284 wrote:

What does it show under Settings-About Phone-Battery-Battery Use?  If you select Display, what does it show for Time On?

27m 22s

0 Likes
argyleylw

PJNC284 wrote:

I unplugged it at 8:30 am this morning and it is now 12:52 my time and I just had to plug it in because I had less than 15% battery left

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

yeesh.  Something is definitely up there. Maybe a bad battery?  Are you using LTE, 3G or wifi?  It's possible that it could just be poor signal.  Is there anything else listed with high battery usage.  Below is mine on wifi all day with a screen on time of about 45min. 

0 Likes
argyleylw
I just leave it on the 4g lte because I dont have wifi at work or at home so its pointless. Sometimes if im doing something it flashes between 3g and 4g depending where i am in town. What am I supposed to do about a bad battery. Verizon wont do anything about it will they?

PJNC284 wrote:

yeesh.  Something is definitely up there. Maybe a bad battery?  Are you using LTE, 3G or wifi?  It's possible that it could just be poor signal.  Is there anything else listed with high battery usage.  Below is mine on wifi all day with a screen on time of about 45min. 

0 Likes
argyleylw
I was reading my manual when i first took the phone home and it says not to turn on the phone for the first time until the battery is completely charged. I find that interesting because you can't do that at Verizon they turn on the phone and activate it at the store.... So I went home and the battery probably had about 30% left maybe a bit lower I don't remember and I stuck it on the charger while I went out to run errands. When I got home it said it was charged so I removed it from the charger. Did I mess it up then because the first time I plugged it in it wasn't all the way dead? Almost every time since then I plug it in when its beeping at me that its dying. I can think of twice that I plugged it on when it still had some power once because I was driving all day for work and I didn't want to risk not having enough juice and then having my boss call me or something so I just left it plugged into the car charger and then another time I was going out on a Saturday evening and the phone was at about 50% I was going to be out for about 5 hours and I didn't want to risk not having a phone so I plugged it in so it would have a complete charge when I went out. Did I screw it up by doing that? Sorry IM asking so many questions im just overwhelmed and I don't know what to do. I bought the phone 3/17 so if im going to return it I don't have much time.

PJNC284 wrote:

0 Likes