android to iphone messaging
msjkson90

I just recently purchased an HTC one with previous ownership of an iPhone. Phone works great. My only issue is that I am not receiving text messages from other iPhone users and sometimes they don't even receive mine. It's been an on and off thing since i've had this phone for 2 weeks now. I have turned off iMessage and even changed my apple iD. I don't know what else to do. What is the problem.?          

0 Likes
Re: android to iphone messaging
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get those messages flowing msjkson90! I know this has to be a bit frustrating for you. I am happy to see that you have done some good troubleshooting so far. Please visit https://supportprofile.apple.com and make sure your device has been deleted. Keep us posted.

Thanks, BobbyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Forgotten224
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Answer is simple.. too simple.

What worked for me and may work for you also is, Send a text message to 48369 saying Stop.

They said to wait 12 - 48 hours but it started working mins after.

However, I missed and lost a lot of text messages between.

Good Luck

0 Likes
gravelgrazer
Enthusiast - Level 1

I still don't receive text messages from certain people after switching to an android.  I have called verizon multiple times trying to solve this problem.  I did the text "stop", turned off imessages, unregistered from apple and it still doesn't work.  I wouldn't have switched to an android if I had known this was an issue.  I've lost customers for work and it has caused problems in my personal life.  I asked verizon if I could return my phone and just stick with the iphone. they told me NO because it's been 3 weeks.  Well almost 5 weeks later and the problem still isn't solved.  I'm very upset that I wasn't warned of the possibilities of such problems arising while purchasing the android.  My phone is useless without being able to receive texts. I feel like verizon should make an exception to their rule of my time being up to return my phone.  I didn't know about the problem until a couple days after getting the phone and verizon kept telling me it should "work" this time.  Nope....nothing. 

0 Likes
TIKK1099
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm in the same boat.  I've lost business and I was not warned of this issue, if I was I would have went to another Apple device.  I've gone through all the necessary steps yet I am still not receiving I Messages.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TIKK1099,

Let's make sure you are keeping business. How long ago did you make the switch to the Android device? Are you using the HTC One as well? If you can delete the thread from the person that is using the iPhone from your messages and re-try are you able to send them. They might have to delete your thread in their phone as well. Please keep me posted.

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
TIKK1099
Enthusiast - Level 2

I switched 2 months ago, I've researched every possible step to get this problem to stop.  I work for a major company as a contractor and receive texts from strangers so telling me to text every contact I have and tell them to click on the red exclamation point and send me a text 3 times to fix the issue is beyond ludicrous.  The phone you sold me doesn't work, bottom line.  Verizon doesn't know how to fix it and Apple doesn't care.  If I'm doing your job then what is your job exactly?  Cause you still haven't fixed my phone, why can I not receive text messages from people with Iphones?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TIKK1099 I know how important it is to stay in touch, especially for business purposes. We apologize for the trouble you're experiencing and the inconvenience that this has caused. We'll get this taken care ASAP! Do you still have your iPhone? If so, lets start by turning off iMessage by going into Settings>Messages>Slide to off

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
TIKK1099
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, my Iphone was taken from me by the Verizon employee when I switched phones and I was not aware or notified of this major issue between Apple and Android with Verizon in the middle keeping quiet so they don't lose money.  I have gone though every possible step, I have removed my phone from the Icloud, Itunes, I have texted stop to the number provided, to this day I still get people who have Iphones who cannot send me text messages.  I want a new phone and I want money as compensation, I was sold a phone that does not work, I pay for unlimited texts yet I am not receiving that service since people with Iphones can't text me.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Unfortunately it is Apples issue not Verizon or the droid devices.

Make sure the imessage is set on but also the Text/SMS setting is on to send as such instead of imessage when sending to non iPhone. (or as needed)

My wife has a LG G2 and she has no problem sending or receiving my text messages or MMS/SMS messages. In fact I have a mix of friends who can send to me and receive from me with no issue.

http://www.apple.com/support may have other avenues for you to try.

You are not getting a new device nor money compensation.

Good Luck

0 Likes