Why won't my Google Calendar sync after an update?
UtahDan
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Google Calendar sync keeps "stopping" ever since the Kit Kat update. It worked perfectly before the update. I get an error stating that the sync has stopped, and new events created on my phone never appear in my calendar. Other Google account information (e.g. Gmail) syncs fine. Anyone have any ideas/suggestions?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Google Calendar Will Not Sync Since Kit Kat Update-HTC One
UtahDan
Enthusiast - Level 2

After about an hour in chat support with HTC, I completely removed my Google account and then re-associated it. This solution occurred to be long before, but I didn't want to do it because I didn't want to lose the events I had added to my calender; but, it worked!

P.S. I was very impressed with the HTC online chat support. The representative appeared to have significant technical knowledge.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Google Calendar Will Not Sync Since Kit Kat Update-HTC One
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

When you are creating the event on the phone, are you saving the event to the Gmail account?

Have you tried turning off the sync for the account and turn it on again?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Google Calendar Will Not Sync Since Kit Kat Update-HTC One
UtahDan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Actually I have more than one Google calendar, and yes the proper one was selected. I did as you suggested and disabled the sync for calendar. Just for good measure I then forced a sync for all Google services. After that completed without error, I restarted the phone. Unfortunately, after I re-enabled the sync for calendar, the error that the Google Calendar sync had stopped unexpectedly instantly reappeared.

0 Likes
UtahDan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wanted to add that the error seems to happen weather I use the HTC Calendar app or the Google Calendar app. Neither one will sync. Again, before Kit Kat, it worked perfectly.

0 Likes
UtahDan
Enthusiast - Level 2

After about an hour in chat support with HTC, I completely removed my Google account and then re-associated it. This solution occurred to be long before, but I didn't want to do it because I didn't want to lose the events I had added to my calender; but, it worked!

P.S. I was very impressed with the HTC online chat support. The representative appeared to have significant technical knowledge.

0 Likes