Why does my device have such poor battery life?
gogojack

Have had the phone since Sept '14.  Battery life was not great, but the last few days it dies after about 5-6 hours with no activity (calls, text, data) and minimal apps running.  Draining appears to accelerate as the day goes by.  Have lost 10% in the last 30 minutes alone.

10 months until upgrade, but if this keeps up the phone is almost useless.  What can be done?

thanks,

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: HTC One Remix Battery life failing fast!
tomnj
Enthusiast - Level 2

By any chance did your phone indicate it was doing a system update recently? My battery was working great until the system update a few days ago. Then I experienced the same thing you described. I could only charge my phone through an outlet, anything else including USB on computer only was able to keep it from falling.

There have been various issues with the new OS upgrade that lead to battery problems. I don't have the same phone but in my case I noticed it was one particular system app. Someone else noticed the same thing and I replied here Battery issues with Kyocera Brigadier after system update

After I removed my email accounts from the system email app battery is actually doing better than before the update.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

gogojack,

Let's bring some life back to your battery here. I know how important it is to keep things up & running. Let's find out some more details. Are you using the original charger that came with the phone?

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
gogojack

> Are you using the original charger that came with the phone?

Yes.  I also have the car charger that came with it, and that can't keep up with the battery drainage.

0 Likes
tomnj
Enthusiast - Level 2

By any chance did your phone indicate it was doing a system update recently? My battery was working great until the system update a few days ago. Then I experienced the same thing you described. I could only charge my phone through an outlet, anything else including USB on computer only was able to keep it from falling.

There have been various issues with the new OS upgrade that lead to battery problems. I don't have the same phone but in my case I noticed it was one particular system app. Someone else noticed the same thing and I replied here Battery issues with Kyocera Brigadier after system update

After I removed my email accounts from the system email app battery is actually doing better than before the update.

0 Likes
gogojack

Removed my email account from the system email app, cleared the cache...boom!  Problem solved.  Phone now holding a charge...maybe even better than before the update as you said.

Thank you!

0 Likes