Re: Where's the global/maintenance update
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

There has been one (technically two, but one was a patch, one was a full RUU, but they were basically the same) leak of this upgrade, but nothing has been heard of it since then. Other than the global capabilities, it's the same as the ICS version on the Rezound now. It's possible (though I don't know for sure) that they are working on incorporating other fixes or adjustments before a release.

0 Likes
jdfrye
Enthusiast - Level 3

Maybe they will surprise us with the update to a Global phone with a jelly bean wrapper (Android 4.1.1)
Seems my thought since this is way over due and Jellybean is not such a huge update.
Oh but wait the beloved Razr needs JB first before we even get looked at...wait is the razr getting JB?

0 Likes
fergieg
Contributor - Level 2

jdfrye - I see you have the same day-dreaming issue that I have. Verizon SURPRISE us with JB on phones that just got ICS after being 6+ months late, yet not a complete update either....  Ha ha!! There will be WORLD PEACE before Verizon delivers JB for Rezound or Razr!!

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

ICS WAS a complete update for the Rezound.

0 Likes
jdfrye
Enthusiast - Level 3

Another month gone by without the promised.."Coming Soon Global Abilities Update" This phone was marketed to me as a Global Phone soon (by end of summer)! Time to start talikn with Verizon about what their going to do to fix the lie they told me.

0 Likes
wkhastings

Anybody see the global capabilities come through yet? Heading to Ireland for an extended time and need to get the phone sorted before going.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

No, no further updates have been pushed to the Rezound.

0 Likes
sushah23
Enthusiast - Level 2

I found this in Rezound knowledge base. Not sure how long that's been there.

0 Likes
Comedie

Well that isn't on my Rezound!

Oh well,,,, only about a year waiting on a promised feature.

0 Likes
Smoothieusa

Not on my Rezound either.  LTE/CDMA and CDMA Only are options listed in my Rezound's Mobile network settings.  Global and GSM/UMTS are not options under settings on my phone even though Verizon's web page says they are (see sushah23's link above).  Can the Rezound be used globally or not?

0 Likes