WHAT COVER CAN I USE NOW THAT I HAVE AN EXTENDED BATTERY???
Marcy52

Got the extended battery, so now of course the silicone case I had bought for the phone is stretched out on the sides.  :robotsad:  Can anyone recommend a case that will protect my phone (I hate it when phones drop and come apart, batteries drop out, the phone itself gets scratched, etc.) that will fit my phone's new size??

0 Likes
Re: WHAT COVER CAN I USE NOW THAT I HAVE AN EXTENDED BATTERY???
AZSALUKI
Legend

there are none. this is the problem with extended batteries. my suggestion would be to get the silicone case and get handy with an exacto knife. there are other types of protection. ghost armor works good for scratch proofing it, but it wont protect it from a drop.

0 Likes
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3

If you're looking for something to carry the phone on your belt(?) I use the one fom verizon for the Droid X...I works with the extended battery, it  says MOTDRDXCAS1, upc code = 8 46292 00037 9 .....It's imitation black leather, List for $24.99

0 Likes
jgorton123

I just found this slim fit extended battery on amazon today browsing thunderbolt accessories.

Not sure if it's the same life as the bigger battery people are buying.

I'm not having the battery issue on 3g but I have access to a charger most of the time (home, car, work)

http://www.amazon.com/Seidio-Innocell-1600mAh-Extended-Life-ThunderBolt/dp/B004O0TGU2/ref=sr_1_1?s=w...

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

jgorton123 wrote:

I just found this slim fit extended battery on amazon today browsing thunderbolt accessories.

Not sure if it's the same life as the bigger battery people are buying.

I'm not having the battery issue on 3g but I have access to a charger most of the time (home, car, work)

http://www.amazon.com/Seidio-Innocell-1600mAh-Extended-Life-ThunderBolt/dp/B004O0TGU2/ref=sr_1_1?s=w...

that one is a 1600. the tbolt comes with a 1400 so it's not much more juice. the fat one from hts is 2750 so it's almost twice the juice (which is why it's SO fat)

0 Likes
jgorton123

I'm also trying a battery saving app.........green power free........we'll see how it works.

0 Likes
Radioguy

The faux leather holder I purchased for my Thunderbolt will work with the larger battery. It's a bit of a squeeze, but the cover does shut (you have to massage it into place). I think I gave around $25.00 for it. It's got a belt clip on it, and seems to work well.

0 Likes
workwife

I have the same thing happening. The silicone is stretched out but I love love the extended battery. . . plus the hard back doesn't fit.

The phone still fits in my pocket too. I do have a case (ugly) but the silicone with the hard back is best because I can use my phone. Hoping there is a better solution coming soon.

0 Likes
XJetJock

Give this site a try. It's called "Everything HTC" and includes a store with lots of accessories. The URL below shows cases and such for phones with the monster batteries.

http://store.everythinghtc.com/htc-cases.htm

Cheers, --XJetJock

Edit:

Contacted everythinghtc. They replied that exact fits for the T-bolt with extended battery will most likely be available in 2-3 weeks. I'm guessing that means 4-6 weeks, but at least they'll be out relatively soon.

0 Likes
Morkai
Enthusiast - Level 3

At bestbuy they have a Seido case with 3 layers, a hard layer, rubber, then hard... skip the first layer and it fits. I do suggest you try it out first as it is "almost" perfect. The kickstand remains hard to get to.

0 Likes