Thunderbolt
timmoore

I bought a thunderbolt thinking it was a good idea now I not to sure. I bought 2 of them, one for my wife the other for myself. My wife's does not work right (phone will not make any sound )sending that one back. Mine will not activate, I am told it has something to do with the switch over from billing. A full week has gone by still no service. I have been told that there are several techs. Working on this problem. Anybody have a similar problem and was it fixed?

0 Likes
Re: Thunderbolt
AZSALUKI
Legend

i haven't seen anyone have activation issues that lasted a week? i would tell them to get it activated TODAY or take them both back for full refunds and NO $35 restocking fee. you only get 3 days to return it without a restocking fee and 14 days to return it for a$35 restocking fee (per phone) so you should go in there and get it fixed NOW or demand that they take it back. you don't want anymore time to lapse and end up stuck with them if they can't even get it activated.

0 Likes
jeffpc
Enthusiast - Level 3

Activation was okay on my phones, no issues.  My wife's phone had excessive static and noise, but did get a replacement and it is clean, no noise.  We are in the country, out skirts of 3g, and no 4g here, network extender we added too, it brings us to 4 bars of 3g.  We have been debating on keeping them, but in last couple days are leaning to keeping them, Verizon has been helpful in supporting them, so reps are better than others, so you may need to call or email a few times.  Good luck!

0 Likes
Chubbs
Contributor - Level 1

I upgraded my Thunderbolt from a NE2 "New Every Two" on a different line on my Family Share Plan. They had issues activating it over the phone because my SIM card was on my line, but the phone was on the line I upgraded off of. I had to bring it to a corporate Verizon store so they could but a "dummy" SIM into my phone and activate the phone on my line, and then activate the 4G SIM to the phone.

FYI if they do this incorrectly they will destroy the SIM card.

0 Likes