Thunderbolt to Charge Certified Like NEW? NO I don't think so...
firestopper505

I dont know what appears to be the problem with the thunderbolt and like new devices. I hate to complain but there is an issue all around with them. I've had 4 CLN thunderbolts and all have had various problems most that have been posted in the forums. My biggest issue is that i asked for a NEW replacement after having so many i get told NO. I'm not a genius but when they certify them and send them out and they still have issues doesn't that seem to be a problem on their end since they hit the Verizon bench to be recertified not RTV to HTC. Which neither seems to take responsibility for any of the issues related to the phones. Honestly my TB was working fine before i was one of the few that got the GB update and pretty much created all kinds of problems beyond that of the "KNOWN" VM issue. I was about to cancel in a dumb move i opted for the Droid Charge, Nifty little phone but 2 major problems that verizon fails to acknowlege. Slow internet especially with flash and the fact that you can not use the web while on a call and no i am not talking sitting at home with wifi. TB is the only 4g device presently that you can surf the web and talk at the same time not attached to WIFI, just one of those minor things that one verizon hides behind that we dont advertise that and almost like its a function they do not support, "IT JUST HAPPENS". My issue now is if you are going to do like for like make sure the "LIKE" matches what the other does besides the camera resolution. I simply asked for a straight out of the box thunderbolt and get the run around. I bought a new phone and never got to enjoy my NEW phone, but was able to finally enjoy it til GB fiasco came out. Any advice would be appreciated and NO MORE EXCUSES...

0 Likes
Re: Thunderbolt to Charge Certified Like NEW? NO I don't think so...
Wildman
Legend

I really do not see why users are having so many issues with their devices, I have been doing nothing but enjoying my device except the recent data drop issues but this seems to be because of the 4g conversion here in KC..   I haven't had any replacement devices for my Thunderbolt but I have for other devices and I never had any issues with any of the replacements..

I feel bad to hear the luck that some of you have been having... This is why I try to help as much as I can..

Now as for the new device being given the contract lay out this pretty clear and it stated that a certified replacement will be given after 14 days return time and unless someone shows mercy on you I don't see this changing because they seem to sticking to the contracts rules which is legally in their right...

Good Luck on finding a solution, I wouldn't change my device for anything released through Verizon at this time...  Now the HTC Vigor (Or what ever they release it at has caught my interest) 

0 Likes
firestopper505

i loved my thunderbolt, all of it. Yes it had its quirks. just wish it didnt become the step child that it has. Especially being the 4G flagship.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

The flagship devices don't last long in this industry..  To be a flagship just mean it was a popular for that moment and has become a regular .

0 Likes
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

I did the same thing with my T-bolt 5 months ago and I am way more content with the Charge. Hope you have better luck in your battle. 

0 Likes