Thunderbolt restart, battery, replacement...
anp
Enthusiast - Level 2

It saddens me to have to write this, but I have recently become very disappointed in not only the HTC Thunderbolt, but in Verizon Wireless as well.  I anxiously awaited the Thunderbolt and went as soon as it came out and purchased it. I loved it since then, which was a year ago, until the past 2-3 months. It started to be very difficult to charge. I called, and Verizon sent me a used replacement and battery.  They replacement constantly restarted without me even touching it, and I called Verizon, and again, they sent a used replacement. The used replacement seemed fine- but then I noticed that it never fully charged, and the battery drained so unbelievably fast. I called, and they sent me a replacement battery. SAME thing. 

I am a single mother and commute to work an hour and 15 minutes each day. I need a reliable phone, and for the $147 per month I pay and my 9 years as a Verizon customer, I would have expected that Verizon would be more helpful to solve a problem that is theirs or HTC's.

I pay $6.99 for Asurion, so total spent now with the Thunderbolt would be over $90, and when I looked into just filing a claim, learned it would cost me another $99 for the deductible. I paid more ($200 +) for my brand new thunderbolt that I would have to pay for yet another used one. No sir.

Does anyone know how to calculate how much it would cost for me to terminate my contract if it doesn't end until 5/12/13?

Thank you

0 Likes
Re: Thunderbolt restart, battery, replacement...
AZSALUKI
Legend

i believe it is $350, less $10 per month for the number of months you've been under contract, so it should be about $230 ($350-$120. the $120 is the $10 per month times 12 months since you signed the new contract). it may only be $210 or $220, but it should be somewhere around there. fyi.....if you got it last april (2011) then your next upgrade date would be in december (they let you upgrade at 20 months in to your 2 years).

0 Likes
lemew
Contributor - Level 3

My battery has recently started draining very very quickly. So much so that you cannot use the phone. This is with the recent update and even trying an extended battery.

0 Likes
lybra975
Enthusiast - Level 2

i also started to have the issue with the battery immediately after the latest syetem update. i called verizon today after not receiving any texts the last 2 days and told them all the issues i had been having. Im currently 3 months out of my manufacturers warranty and dont have verizons extended warranty, only squaretrade. So after the techie guy tried to find out if there were others out there with the same issue, he then finally said "well, im going to break the rules and go ahead and just send you a replacement instead of trying to troubleshoot it." Thank god! i was so near throwing this POS out the window. Hopefully the replacement will keep up until i can get another POS in november....

0 Likes
lemew
Contributor - Level 3

I hope I found the problem with mine in that it may have been a launcher application.

0 Likes
anp
Enthusiast - Level 2

Have you talked to Verizon? Did they offer you any explanation? I called yesterday, AGAIN, and now they are sending an extended battery to me. But if you say it didn't work for you either, then I suppose I am almost out of option with Verizon

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

anp,

It saddened me to read this. We don't want to lose you. I know how important having a working device is. Can you please send a direct message to katieh_vzw? I want to look at our options and keep you as a customer.

Katie H
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
anp
Enthusiast - Level 2

Could you provide directions for sending a direct message to you?

Thank you

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You have to click on the follow button first, then the they have to accept the follow and follow you before you can send a Direct Message (DM).

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.