Thunderbolt fails to see an update
down_to_my_last_nerve

I have had my Thunderbolt since July and it has yet to give me an update. Searching for one yields no luck. also when I connect it to the PC the drivers fail to install. Funny I bought two thunderbolts on the same day one for my son and I. His was able to get the update while mine does not. When I go to my software update on the phone and check Status it shows no information for "Name" "Status" "Code" "Date" "Time" " Description". any and help would be helpful here since I failed to get the support I asked for in store.

Thanks...

RG

0 Likes
Re: Thunderbolt fails to see an update
Wildman
Legend

Can you clearify what update are you waiting for...    Please go to Settings / Apout Phone / Software Information and see if under Software Number do you show 2.11.605.9 because this is the most recent upfate for the device...

Also as for the areas that you reported doesnt show anything, my device is the same way so this seems to be normal...

0 Likes
down_to_my_last_nerve

Software # is 1.13.605.7

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

That cant be correct because I dont think the Thunderbolt had a software version with that number...  Could I have you check that again for me please..  Settings / About / Software Number.

0 Likes
down_to_my_last_nerve

here is all what is listed under my software information:

Android version

Baseband version

1.16.00.0402w_1

Kernel version

2.6.32.21-gb05544a

htc-kernel@and18-2 #1

Tue Mar 1 16:38:55 CST 2011

Build number

1.13.605.7 CL341545 release-keys

Software number

Browser version

Webkit/533.1

PRI Version

1.41_002, 1.64_002

PRL Version

ERI Version

0 Likes
B33
Legend

This is the Latest soft wear Build for the Thunder Bolt ( 2.11.605.9; ) Here's the Link to show the Rest of it. It's in Pdf Format

http://support.verizonwireless.com/pdf/system_update/thunderbolt.pdf  <<< from the Thunderbolt Help ...

This is the only official one i know of or found on Verizon's Site :  Unless there is a leaked Update Build an if there is I would say it won't be stable and i wouldn't Trust it. B33

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

"Software # is 1.13.605.7"

I believe that was an early software version from when the phone was first released. Why the phone has been updated is beyond me.

One of the first updates required for the phone to be set to 1X connection in order for the phone to find the next update and begin the download process.

Since we are several updates since that version, it might be worth it for the OP to locate a RUU file and complete the update manually. This update method will cause the phone to be factory reset during the installation.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
down_to_my_last_nerve

the PDFs just show me how to do it from the phone which is impossible. this is why I am here.. thank you all so far for the help though.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That version is from the update in May.

You might need to find a RUU file and manually update to phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Ann154 wrote:

That version is from the update in May.

You might need to find a RUU file and manually update to phone.

You are correct Ann, that looks like it may have been the version that the device was released with and I got mine after it had been updated a few times...  The only way they may get the update is to use a RUU to get them up to date....   The store should be able to help with this..  That is strange that the device was sold without being updated all this time..

B33 wrote:

This is the Latest soft wear Build for the Thunder Bolt ( 2.11.605.9; ) Here's the Link to show the Rest of it. It's in Pdf Format

http://support.verizonwireless.com/pdf/system_update/thunderbolt.pdf  <<< from the Thunderbolt Help ...

This is the only one i know of:  Unless there is a leaked Update Build an if there is I would say it won't be stable and i wouldn't Trust it. B33

B33 the update page you posted reported the same version number that I posted... 2.11.605.9, there is a leak version but it isnt anywhere ready for everyday use...

0 Likes