Thunderbolt Screen Failure
NedDevine

I've had the Thunderbolt for less than a month.  The screen routinely goes very dark with distorted colors, flickering, and color bleed.  It's not a brightness setting, looks sort of like when a lamp goes out on a rear projection TV.  Right out of the box the phone had the common problem of backlight bleed from the soft keys.  It hasn't been wet or abused in anyway.

I've tried removing apps, no luck.  Tried a factory reset, no luck.  Sometimes it will go a few days with no problems but it always comes back.  Today it's been mostly unusable, screen freaks out as soon as it comes up.  I had the Eris previously and had no issues with it.

Does this sound like a hardware failure or is there something else I can try to fix it?  I've searched various forums and can't find anyone else reporting this issue.

0 Likes
Re: Thunderbolt Screen Failure
AZSALUKI
Legend
Thats a bad phone. Have it replaced.
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

AZSALUKI I totally agree, if the phone is doing that it is probally bad...

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I would say the same thing take it back as it could've been damaged in shipping even if the box it came in did'nt look like it was damage if it had a violent impact against something it still could've done some damage internally to it.

0 Likes
fanman2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unfortunately, it sounds like youv'e got a lemon.

Don't waste your time on this or any other forum looking for a "fix" for this problem on your BRAND NEW phone.

BEFORE your 14 day return window expires...take it back to your Verizon store and exchange it under warranty for a NEW (NOT CLNR) phone

0 Likes
NedDevine

Thanks for the responses.  I figured it was defective but was hopeful that maye it wasn't.

I'm past the 14 day mark, but at this point a refurb is better than what I have.  It did it a couple of times right out of the box, then stopped.  At day 14 on the dot it started failing everytime I used it, that's when I did the factory reset and it seemed okay for a week or so.  Yesterday it went out again and hasn't worked right since.  <sigh>  Really disappointed, I could have picked the Charge or Revolution but went with the TB because I like the HTC look and feel better.  Regretting that decision now.

I'll take it in this week and see what can be done.

0 Likes