Thunderbolt - Mobile Hotspot - Significant packet loss
JsZ

Am seeing the same issue consitantly -- have tried 3g and 4g in the following cities:

- LA

- San Jose

- Phoenix

Mobile hot spot starts working fine -- after +- 10 minutes, get significant packet loss or full connection drop.  The hot spot functionality is essentially unusable. 

Anyone else having this issue?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Thunderbolt - Mobile Hotspot - Significant packet loss
Not applicable

doublesnaggle wrote:
My hotspot has never worked right on the thunderbolt. I can connect fine. I get about 5 seconds of useful internet. Then nothing. Stays connected usually but no internet unless i tether via usb.

Hi there!

Are you connecting to the same piece of equipment each time? If not, try to connect the Mobile Hotspot to different computers/others to see if it reacts the same way. Also, go into the Settings>Applications>Manage>All>Mobile Hotspot and Force Stop.  Then reboot the phone and try the hotspot again.

Have a great weekend!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Socalosi

All the time in LA.  Took me 30 minutes to get 3 minutes of work done.  Cycles every few seconds even with full bars on 4G.  3G is better but it will also stop working.  I had it work for about 5 minutes the other day and then nothing.  I think Verizon knows this and this is why they keep making it free.  Its worthless as is and a big disappointment.  FYI, this was running MacBook Pro in open air in downtown LA.

I'm investigating third party apps for tethering to see if it is any better.

0 Likes
dcpmark
Enthusiast - Level 2

Try changing encryption to WEP or even turn it off. I'm in LA and use my TB 8 hours a day with the Mobile Hotspot, and it rarely does that with my iPad. I've noticed that intensive things like watching multiple You Tube videos can cause the cycling, but I can surf the web for 8 hours now and download stuff without any disconnections.

0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
All the time too. After update.
0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello JsZ,

Are you still having this issue after the update? If so, please respond to this forum post & we can go through some settings configurations with you.

Thank you...

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
I tried the hotspot again this weekend to see if I had the steps down before the free of charge was yanked. The devices I was connecting to the hotspot would see it and attempt to connect to it. However it kept cycling through connecting, authenticating, disconnect, rinse and repeat. Does the Thunderbolt has a similar issue like what the Droid Charge was experiencing earlier before its latest update?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
doublesnaggle
My hotspot has never worked right on the thunderbolt. I can connect fine. I get about 5 seconds of useful internet. Then nothing. Stays connected usually but no internet unless i tether via usb.
0 Likes
Not applicable

doublesnaggle wrote:

Hi there!

Are you connecting to the same piece of equipment each time? If not, try to connect the Mobile Hotspot to different computers/others to see if it reacts the same way. Also, go into the Settings>Applications>Manage>All>Mobile Hotspot and Force Stop.  Then reboot the phone and try the hotspot again.

Have a great weekend!

0 Likes