Re: Thunderbolt ICS Update
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I had to switch the SIM card to the Tbolt to get the phone to even look for the update. For a while afterwards it wasn’t seeing the SD card for the gallery with pictures. It looks like mine is still processing the mediaserver this morning so I will see how low the standard battery (what I have installed currently) wants to run.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

mines much faster

do a battery pull and sim card pull

put it all back in and restart

budone
Legend

I did a bump charge today and in three hours I have lost 5% of my extended battery. Normally in the 70% range at break time.

Also, boot up is MUCH QUICKER. It was nearly a 5 minute process. Today about one minute

Sent from my iPad

budone
Legend

Forgot to add to my post, my phone in general is quicker

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

4 hours 11%

djysrv1
Enthusiast - Level 3

While I am able to report a successful and thankfully uneventful upgrade to ICS, I do see a change in the phone's speed in terms of opening applications and changing screens.  The phone is slower. 

On the other hand, the user interface is well designed and so far I have no issues with it.  I assume that if I eventually upgrade to a phone with a more robust chip set that the performance issues will go away.  I'm eligible in another month so I will explore options then or simply keep this phone. The benefits of the upgrade will have to outweigh the hassle of re-installing all my Apps and links.

I'm open to recommendations,e.g, is the Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX HD a good choice?

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

djysrv1 wrote:

While I am able to report a successful and thankfully uneventful upgrade to ICS, I do see a change in the phone's speed in terms of opening applications and changing screens.  The phone is slower. 

On the other hand, the user interface is well designed and so far I have no issues with it.  I assume that if I eventually upgrade to a phone with a more robust chip set that the performance issues will go away.  I'm eligible in another month so I will explore options then or simply keep this phone. The benefits of the upgrade will have to outweigh the hassle of re-installing all my Apps and links.

I'm open to recommendations,e.g, is the Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX HD a good choice?

you'll also get jellybean if you decide to upgrade. while it was nice to see verizon update the bolt to ICS, it's actually already outdated. if you go with a new phone, it will come with JB on it. to me, it's no that big of a deal, but JB does have Google Now, which is pretty nice. the MAXX HD looks pretty nice to me, but i went with the note ii. it's too big for many people's taste though. my wife has the gs iii and it's probably my favorite of the androids out on verizon right now. i would have LOVED the droid DNA if it had more storage, but it's basically unusable in my opinion, with only 11 gigs of formatted available memory and no sd slot. in a month from now there will likely be rumored newer devices coming to verizon (galaxy s iv perhaps).

0 Likes
chris_k1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Completely uneventful upgrade here.  Phone was slow for a while, but sped up without having to do anything.

I don't want to jinx it, but it appears to have had a really positive impact on the phone's ability to establish and hold a data connection.

On one hand, I now [appear to] have a phone that is reliable and usable.  Hooray.  On the other hand, I dealt with unreliability and unpredictability for waaayyyy too long.  The fix was out there for a long time before we got it, and that's really a shame.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Lemme look... Using for for connection for lunch.....used.17% in 5-1/2 hrs

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

5.5 hours, 15%

0 Likes