Re: Thunderbolt ICS Update
AZSALUKI
Legend

fyi....whatever it is, it runs just fine....or so i hear

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Played around with it briefly last night.  Aside from looking at the about screen, you'd never even know it was ICS.  It's amazing at the lengths HTC goes to completely shield the user from even the tiniest bit of stock android.

AZSALUKI
Legend

true, but you still get some of what i wanted the most....the notification slide away (one at a time instead of "clear all"), apps management, drag and drop to create folders, power management and data usage, native photo editing, etc, etc, and the 2 that i think most people are most looking forward to are screenshots and disabling apps.

sure, it still looks like sense, but you get all of the little features that, individually don't seem like much, but i think makes a world of difference. plus, at least the apps have the 4.0 look and feel. and this was day one. you'll see "senseless" versions soon now. i did notice that htc went so far as to do away with the widget tab in the app drawer. just seems pointless that they can't at least somewhat mimic how 4.0 is supposed to look.

PJNC284
Master - Level 2

AZSALUKI wrote:

i did notice that htc went so far as to do away with the widget tab in the app drawer. just seems pointless that they can't at least somewhat mimic how 4.0 is supposed to look.

yeah, they try so hard to differentiate themselves from their competition that they end up with an over-bloated mess. Thought Sense was supposed to start being lighter?  Better find a new direction soon or they'll end up being the next RIM.  After using Touchwiz on the GSIII, I'm liking it way better than Sense but wish Samsung wouldn't have fudged with the native ICS drag/drop folder creation.

Wildman
Legend

PJNC284 wrote:

After using Touchwiz on the GSIII, I'm liking it way better than Sense but wish Samsung wouldn't have fudged with the native ICS drag/drop folder creation.

I agree that the new ICS Touchwiz on the S3 is nicer than the old version, I am amazed to ever hear myself say this because I really hated that UI.....  I have been running the stock UI and loving it, tried Launcher Pro, ADW and Go Launcher and found myself back using Touchwiz.

I looked at the latest Sense update in the upcoming update and it simply looks like Sense 2.1 that was originally on the device with the 3.0 lockscreen.   I hope the update brings better performance because I do not see any major UI design changes..

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

to me it's the little things. i'll tell you what i am most jealous of in the siii. when you get a call you can decline and send an sms instantly. while you can do this with sense (sort of), it can only be done if your screen happens to be awake when the call comes in. if this is the case then you can tap to decline it and auto reply an sms with a standard message ("i'm bussy. will call you back." or whatever). on the siii you can do this from a locked screen. it's a silly little thing, but i LOVE that feature and if you can't do it from a locked screen, it kind of defeats it entirely. i've looked in to apps for JUST this feature, but they all seem to take over a lot more of my phone than i want (they either integrate the dialer with contacts and sms or they only auto reply to sms, etc, etc.). it's a little thing that i didn't even know existed until my wife PROMPTLY declined a call of mine with an sms reply that came through to me while i was still listening to the ring on my end. now that i've seen it though, it is really handy and often times keeps people from leaving a voice mail because they get the reply before it even goes to voice mail and they know you'll call them back shortly.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

it can be "de-sensed" for the most part.

ICS.png

but aparently "this" guy hasn't had time to fix the dock though (yet).

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Wow that's allot Wudgets b33

AZSALUKI
Legend

elixir!!!! it let's you create a widget that includes up to 9 icons (widgets, apps, toggles, etc). i find 7 to be about as much as you can do before you start tapping the wrong one, or they are too small to see. you can also create them as a 1x7 so they are in vertical rows. it's a great app!

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Wow E.. that is something AZ.!  i took a Few days off from the Site looks like a Few post have been Locked since my small Vacation.!  Time to get back in it..

0 Likes