Re: Thunderbolt ICS Update
budone
Legend

That tag may be there, but I am certain it is gone. It was announced when this flavor was coming out, Google was pulling Flash from the OS

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
neilk

I have had the ICS update since it became available but I finally have hit my first issue.  I cannot get a consistent bluetooth connection with the hands free in my 2008 Audi.  It paired fine and will connect but then the connection drops after some minutes of time (and yes I have the visibility time out set to never timeout).  My other car, a 2006 Audi, has been consistent in its bluetooth connection.  On GB, I had zero issues with bluetooth.  Only thing I haven't tried is a factory reset but I am reluctant to do that as I don't feel like re-installing all my employers apps.  Also, I was planning to get a new device in the coming 3-4 months anyway.  Any ideas to try short of a reset?

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Why would VZW choose you to say hey, we will show them, lets screw up their device, they will upgrade? There are many who have posted their device works great. Mine included. And remember, most who do not have issues will not post that all is well.

It can be an app that ICS does not play well with. I suggest to all with issues to place your device in SAFE MODE, if it improves, there is an app issue

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

budone wrote:

That tag may be there, but I am certain it is gone. It was announced when this flavor was coming out, Google was pulling Flash from the OS

Sent from my iPad

When the Razrs and Bionics received ICS, if the phones had Flash, they still have Flash.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

tikibar1 wrote:

budone wrote:

Sent from my iPad

When the Razrs and Bionics received ICS, if the phones had Flash, they still have Flash.

The flash player APK file is still installed on my phone.  I just backed it up earlier today in preparation in case I factory reset the phone.  How well Flash plays with the other apps remains to be seen.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
evereddie
Enthusiast - Level 2

This lack of Flash is a total loss for me. I control equipment through the internet using a Flash GUI. I guess we shouldn't blame Verizon for what Google did but we CAN blame Verizon for being the biggest looser in the category of giving a damn about their customers, What the fuck would be soooo bad about alerting us and giving us a choice to upgrade or not. How much crap are we all ging to take form Verizon before we walk. I am concidering stongely. Not just a threat but starting to shop now.

Message was edited by:evereddie

jrummer

Unfortunately, adobe isn't supporting the mobile platform when it comes to flash. So whatever phone you would get next wouldn't have that functionality anyways.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The website you access should switch to the standard HTML5 which supports flash type content without a flash player from Adobe.

Adobe was the one who decided to stop supporting Flash for mobile devices. If you should be mad at a company it would be them. Plus any website that updated to the newer web standard.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Well I can confirm that at least one app I have installed on the Tbolt isn't happy with the version of flash player apk on the device. I have already sent an email to that app developer because I ran into the issue on a tablet running JB and never had flash installed. I had to sideload the apk from my Nexus to install it on the tablet.

0 Likes
silverwolfchild

The update started on my phone today it came up with the new screen and they turned itself off and now it will not come back on.  I have tried to restart my phone by pulling the battery and the sim card and all it does is go to the HTC screen.  it will vibrate twice and turn back off.  I have tried to even have it plugged in.  I had a 90% charge on my battery.

0 Likes