Re: Thunderbolt ICS Update
dragonkx
Enthusiast - Level 2

this update fucked up my phone, when i manually updated it through settings, half way through the download it would freeze my phone and would have to pull the battery. then when it restarted again it would give me a 30 second window of when i could use it until the download resumes and it would freeze my phone again, had to do a factory reset, but holding the power button with the down volume button on startup , erased everything. then a few days later it automatically found the update and tried to download again overnight and woke up with a frozen phone. What a stupid update, and oh yeah verizon says basically theres nothing i can do for you, your warrantee is expired and cant force the update through a download, etc. cant beleive i was a loyal customer for almost 10 years.

0 Likes
mireland89

I have tried everything, taking out the battery, sim card, the little verizon card thing tried Restarting it, powering off, airplane mode.  And I still can't even get messages to open up.  It's the only thing that I can notice that won't work, I've been cussing up and down about it so far lol HELP

0 Likes
dragonkx
Enthusiast - Level 2

at least yours worked my froze and keeps freezing even after reset by pulling battery lol

0 Likes
mireland89

Yeah, it had updated over night on Thursday night, and what an amazing little surprise I got.  Does anyone know about the messages thing?

0 Likes
marycr8on
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon is about to lose a whole lot of faithful customers. Me first!

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4GLTE smartphone

dragonkx
Enthusiast - Level 2

yeah they do, i contacted them and they even said alot of people are having the same problem, but basically they said no warrantee , they cant do shit, for their own mistake

0 Likes
TBoltOwner
Contributor - Level 1

If you had a lot of text messages on your phone before the update, it seems like it's going to take the TBolt a long time to update them.  Too bad Verizon or HTC didn't forewarn anyone.  Mine took hours to update but, after a few days of ICS settling in, the phone has settled down quite a bit.  Let's hope it stays that way!

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

TBoltOwner wrote:

Mine took hours to update but, after a few days of ICS settling in, the phone has settled down quite a bit. 

Good point, TBoltOwner ... ICS is a major OS update, and when other phones (such as the Droid Razr and Bionic) updated, it took several days for the phones to optimize.  Performance was sluggish and battery life was worse for a few days, but then things settled down.  Hopefully the same will be true for the TBolt.

0 Likes
DJBezo2010
Enthusiast - Level 2

I dont know if you tried this but it worked for me. Plug your phone to the charger so the screen stays on, open up the messaging app, then walk away. Don't open up other apps, turn off the screen, or mess with the phone. It took about a half hour for me.

0 Likes
MO9LFF

<Duplicate post deleted for crossposting violations per the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes