Re: Thunderbolt ICS Update
AZSALUKI
Legend

i forget exactly how to do it, but i believe you long press either the home or menu button/icon (on the phone itself...not the screen).

AZSALUKI
Legend

budone wrote:

It is a tone that repeats itself 4 times in the alert.  But it is totally new

this will drive me nuts so i can't imagine how batty you're going, since it's not even my phone...lol. there's no notification message at all? it just makes the noise randomly, with no actual alert/message?

0 Likes
TBoltOwner
Contributor - Level 1

I'm considering the factory reset, too.  The lag is terrible and the battery life is worse --- and I'm even using the Rezound battery!  I almost hate to say that my phone was working better before the update...ulp!  I do love the look of the update, but think a clean slate may just do the trick.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

rjstjohn1 wrote:

Do you have a link for instructions on the factory reset?

In two years of ownership, I haven't had the need to try that.

What other risks are involved?

tikibar1 posted a link. there shouldn't be any other risks. you will just lose everything on the internal memory so make sure you transfer whatever you want/need to a pc or the sd card. it reverts back to like the day you bought it, but with the newer version of android on it. if you want to be real safe, you can always remove the sd card (it shouldn't be affected, but i know i lost some videos once when i did this, and i'm 99%sure they were on the sd card).

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It long press the home button to get to the recent apps.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Correct. And it is about ten seconds in length, so it a distraction at work when it goes off

0 Likes
susie5225

Is anyone else having an issue with texting?  I cannot open messages at all, it just says Please Wait and tries to load, but will not do anything.  My update just installed this morning.

0 Likes
bjroy92
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've had the ICS update for about a week.  I was very excited to get it and was extremely glad verizon and htc put it out, but my phone has severe lag ever since the update.  I did a factory reset this morning and nothing has improved.  I am not sure what to do now.  I waited for the update for what seems a year and after less than a week, I wish I could remove it and go back.  As frustrating as my phone has been at times, it was always useable and I enjoyed it.  That's why I still have my TB.  Now its barely usable.

I wish someone from Verizon would explain to me what I am supposed to do now.

sojerner2
Enthusiast - Level 2

dang!

I tried posting new threads twice and looks like they are getting deleted, so I will try replying here.

I just got ICS pushed OTA to my Thunderbolt last night.

It was forced, I had no warning and no way to opt out

just woke up and ICS is on the phone

I want Gingerbread back

How can get get my phone downgraded back to GB?

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Maybe they are getting reported to the mods. Posting duplicates, discussing phone modifications, including your personal information are some of the possible reasons why a post was reported. Wait for the mods to review them and see if they get returned.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes