Re: Thunderbolt ICS Update
budone
Legend
Alright used the device as a hotspot for lunch, down to 75%.... Much better than it has been. Back t work
djysrv1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'll note that the Thunderbolt's chip set, due to its age, while robust when released, is eclipsed by newer Android phones offered by Verizon.  That said, the fact that Verizon has the MAXX HD on sale this week for $50 off suggests one of two things.  First, it is a genuine sale to boost the number of units in the hands of customer.  Second,it is an effort to clear out inventory because new models are in the wind and will be available to customers soon.

I've had my share of complaints about the Thunderbolt, but over time it has gotten the job done.  This time around there are more choices which means more homework. 🙂

mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

6:30am to 3pm = 8.5 hours  21% (battery read 79%)

0 Likes
budone
Legend

7am-7pm. Down to 25%, but I was a power user from 4:30 til 7

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
Kaleste

I had to download the ICS update at work on their wifi due to data connection issues in my apartment. It took a total of about 30 minutes, but so far everything seems to be running quite well and my data connection at home seems better, so far. Will update if that changes. I haven't had a chance to judge battery life yet, but if I notice a difference it sure would be nice.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

One thing I have noticed. Is when I power cycle the device I phone resets to 3G and i have to change the setting back to 4G.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What I love about the update.

screenshots from the device.

the custom bar at the bottom

the settings arrangement changes

the voice in google navigation has improved

the signal bar symbol changed from 4 to 5

I can install Chrome for Android

What I don't like so far is the button placement to create the screenshots.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jrummer

Has anyone had success updating without a verizon contract?  I use mine as a media player off the cell network.

thanks.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I tried to attempt to get the update without a SIM card in my Tbolt. It wouldn't even start to check for an update.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
budone
Legend
Since the update, I have a new. Notification sound going off, but I do not know what it is for. Goes off 4 times. But there are not any new mail or texts and those items still have their normal tone... Perplexed.
0 Likes