Re: Thunderbolt ICS Update
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

because, like me,  your special? 

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

My Tbolt (which is activated) holds a 4G LTE signal just fine too.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

budone
Legend

Must be  because I am special as I was told in another post, 'I suckle the VZW Teat!  

JerryT3
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm pretty much at the point where waiting proved not  help get ICS, so pretty much thinking if they won't give me latest OS, or let me have a new phone for  $100 and let me keep my unlimited plan another cell company will be getting my $180 a month  payment. The TB is more than capable handing ICS, they know that and because of that, not releasing update and betting those  user will upgrade, lose unlimited plan unless you pay $650 for a phone, just pay activation fee then you still have unlimited. I'm waiting to hear they won't allow that soon as well. Verizon contact me if you want to keep my business.

AZSALUKI
Legend

it's more than capable. i ran it on the tbolt for 3 months. there were some quirks, but no more than with any other major update, and all of them should have been fairly simple to fix.

0 Likes
Momof4Kins

I spoke to Verizon yesterday due to ANOTHER issue with my TB.  While talking to the representative she stated that TB will NOT be getting anymore updates. I asked specifically about ICS and she said no. They have retired that model and there will be no more updates.  Finally moving on past my TB and moving to HTC Incredible 3G hoping for  a better experience.  Heres hoping.

0 Likes
Tommyguns11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Your representative is somewhat misinformed.  The possibility of release is still very much in limbo, AND has not been cancelled.  I spoke with an HTC rep this morning (1/29/2013) and here's what they said:

"Dear -----,

Thank you for the reply.

When the develop team starts working on any ROM update, they always look to enhance the device experience for all our users around the world. Working with software is difficult due to the number of changes that may happen since a project starts until it is completed. HTC no longer announces dates for release of software due to the nature of the software development process. At any point in the software development cycle a situation may be encountered that requires anything from some minor additional rework, to complete rewrites of the software base. Only after the final acceptance testing has been successfully completed will HTC release software. The normal time period between the final acceptance testing and release of software is about a week and often shorter than that.

We can ensure we are working on this update, but we can not ensure the time when it will be released or if it will be. -----, we understand your point of view regarding the delay on this process and we deeply apologize for that, but at this moment we do not know if the completion of this update will be released. That is a decision taken by the HTC Develop Team within the HTC Leaderships.

Have a nice day!

Let me know if I have successfully answered your question, please click here to complete this.

To send a reply to this message, please click here.

Sincerely,

Julian

HTC

Want to see what others are saying? Have a question to ask other HTC fans?"

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

6 months after they were supposed to release and they claim that they are still working on it? i'm going to go out on a limb and say it aint happening.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

I stand corrected:

www.androidpolice.com/2013/01/31/verizon-pulls-a-miracle-out-of-its-hat-releases-ics-for-the-htc-thunderbolt/

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Oh, my word! Miracles do happen. Does the phone need to be activated to get it?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes