Re: Thunderbolt ICS Update
rbw62
Enthusiast - Level 2

HTC announced that ICS would be released by 8/31/12 on Thunderbolt, but when date came, they said they realized they missed the deadline, but are working with Verizon and will let customers know as soon as they have any news. That was a month back. Since that time all we get is SOS.

clarkkent596
Enthusiast - Level 1

Nov.3 and still no thunderbolt ics update wow way to drop the ball verizon and htc

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

HTC delayed it. I'm not too worried about it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

at this point, i'm guessing we'll never see it Smiley Sad

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

AZSALUKI wrote:

at this point, i'm guessing we'll never see it Smiley Sad

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

AZSALUKI
Legend

since i will likely have something new in the next few months, i'm not terribly upset about not actually getting it on the bolt. what is upsetting though, is that you can buy a device and within months an updated version of the OS comes out, and your device NEVER receives it. i don't know when ICS came out, but i thought it was in the fall of 2011. the tbolt was only 6 months old then, i really think it's a shame that you can get something that is essentially unsupported in less than a year. and it's not like the bolt was a low end device or one of the bargain androids. it REALLY makes me consider a non smart phone+tablet. i know i'll never go back to a basic phone, but it's tough to shell out $200-300 and sign up for another 2 years when there's a good chance that what you just bought won't be kept up to date. i feel like if the subsidy requires a 2 year commitment from the consumer, than the device should require a 2 year commitment from the manufacturer and carrier. just me 2 cents.

verizonmoderator1

Moderator note:

<A portion of this discussion was permanently removed from viewing due to several violations of rooting discussion per the for the community. Any further violations from any community member will result in this discussion being closed and locked.>

Thank you,

Verizon Moderator <>

0 Likes
sharonnnut
Enthusiast - Level 3

ohhh, thank you so much, Moderator! 

0 Likes
Tommyguns11
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's okay, I'm under contract until March, in which I CANNOT wait to switch carriers!  Verizon has some of the worst customer service I've ever had to deal with.  You CANNOT get a straight answer from them, they never provide you any USEFUL data and I've seen it time and time again regarding promised updates.  They translate into broken dreams!  If this lies on HTC's end (or any phone carrier for that matter), it should also be your responsibility to keep your customers in the know.  Put it in your specifications that you REQUIRE a manufacturer to provide you with this data as it's an essential part to customer service!  All you have to do is simply relay this to us, and hound them/fine them if they're delinquent in reporting!  We were promised ICS how long ago?  WHERE IS IT?  M T-Bolt is so unstable since the last release "update" that I am counting down the days I can switch!  You've lost me as a customer, but this could serve a lesson for other disgruntled customers also considering splitting!

Verizon's most critical mistake was removing unlimited data from their plans.  I'm not going to buy a $700 phone so that I can keep my existing plan.  That's ridiculous! Sure, your 4G is fast, but it's not worth the loss of unlimited data and extra money I'd have to fork out!  Sprint = unlimited data, slower, but still far superior 4G speeds compared to 3G, cheaper prices, pretty good service, excellent customer service.

VZW = Fail.  Get T-Bolt users their updates already!  I want to throw my phone in a lake!  I'll also never buy an HTC device ever again!  Please feel free to let them know this as well!

With all due respect,

TjB

0 Likes
sharonnnut
Enthusiast - Level 3

... all of us that paid several hundred dollars for our wonderful smartphones - should send their non-functional phones to the corporate headquarters addressed to the CEO and marked PRIORITY.. anything to disrupt their lives like they've stolen our money and disrupted ours. Slide to the bottom of the pile of carriers VZ - you deserve it.

Read fast, people... this will be gone in a few minutes!

0 Likes