Re: Thunderbolt Firmware update/Reboot issue
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

yeah, but if you're adventurous, it isn't too difficult to revert back the release firmware.  

0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
Call HTC so we get a fix. Next update is in 10 days. To do with hotspot leaving or shouting off until u confirm u want it. Some know about reboot maybe saying its a known issue because it happened to them but not on the list or its on the list and people aren't wanting to confirm it. I am having connection issues with update. I had a phone without update next to the one with update. Guess which one worked. Yup the one without both same signal though. Same network number as well as signal 3g 3 bars. Got this from tech support.
0 Likes
budone
Legend

The hotspot change is not an software upgrade it is strictly a switched being flipped at VZW where (if they do not extend it again) you will now need to opt in and purchase the hotspot option. This has been known from the beginning it would not be free forever.

0 Likes
mb59

I've had my Thunderbolt for about three weeks.  I do love the phone, but it just has too many problems.  It started with a

substandard battery. The phone will not keep a charge for more than three hours, and if I'm talking it's quite a bit less than that.

So after a couple trips to my local Verizon store and complaining about the battery life (I actually overheard one associate saying

that I was "crying" about my battery) I bought a portable battery pack.  I guess I was supposed to be so grateful that they allowed

me to buy this at half price.  I am certain that Verizon knew they were putting out a crappy battery with this phone.  Now after reading these posts, I realize that it wasn't my imagination or that I didn't plug my phone in wrong to charge.  Several times I've left my phone to charge and come back to use it and it is turned off.  When it does turn itself off, it seems like it takes five or six

times to even get it to turn back on.  I'm not going to pay money and turn my phone in and get a refurbished phone with the

same problems.   Those of us who spent good money on this phone know it definitely has some issues.  What remains to be seen is how willing Verizon is to step up and take responsibility for an inferior product.  For sure, everybody may not be having problems with their phone, but I would say a battery that won't keep a charge for more than three hours is a problem.  (I have not installed any other apps on the phone either) Oh, btw. My husband was going to get the Thunderbolt and I warned him away from it.  I'm telling everybody that asks about the phone that it is a great concept but Verizon/HTC hasn't worked out all the bugs yet and it isn't the phone I would spend money on.  Seriously, did Verizon think they could just push this new phone on us and we the public would just think it was so great  the bugs didn't matter???     

0 Likes
Re: Thunderbolt Firmware update/Reboot issue - and more!
stjones

After updating firmware the Thunderbolt reboots on its own and also no longer recognizes the bluetooth device I had been using (Iogear solar bluetooth).  VZ is going to send me a replacement phone.  I'm not going to update the firmware on it until I read on the forums that the new version works.  BTW, the phone was almost useless immediately after the update completed - re-boots all the time, battery wouldn't charge, and the phone asked me to configure the email settings everytime I clicked on the mail icon.  I called VZ at that point and they said that I needed to do a hard reset.  Then at least the email configuration stuck.  Oh well. 

0 Likes
stjones

PS - The thunderbolt lost the email settings again.  Hard to believe.  I wish I had waited for the Droid X2.

0 Likes
thundrblt

Yeah, the Hard-Reboot does nothing to fix the issue.  The VZ reps that we speak to when calling in, all say the same thing, "well we can try and do a hard reset of your phone". 

I hope that this update, which is rumored to come out June 30th, will fix the problems with the auto reboot.  I loved this phone before the firmware update........VZ, please make this right again for us Thunderbolt owners!!!!

0 Likes
sonicanatidae
Enthusiast - Level 2

Notice how June came/went with no updates for the T-Bolt?

Funny how the bill shows up, on-time, everytime..

Its stunning how they can rush out a crap update that causes problems, but

take months/years to bother to getting around to fixing the **bleep** problem

THEY caused..

Has anyone been offered any freebies for the trouble?

Has anyone been offered a refund for this piece of crap?

Has anyone been allowed to terminate the contract and re-up w/ a phone that actually works?

Of course not.. This is Verizon (Pronounced AT&T apparently).

Nice work VZW.. Spend MILLIONS gaining customers, then lock them

into contracts with punitive clauses for early termination, AND insure

that the most expensive phone in your store is broken and stays broken.

How Verizon View's its T-Bolt customers

Genius...

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Would you rather they rush out an update that fixes the reboots, but causes other issues, or wait til it is correct???

Personally I feel they should push out the original build to those who want it, until it is fixed.

0 Likes
sonicanatidae
Enthusiast - Level 2

Either would address it..

Also, Verizon is HUGE. They certainly have the resources to apply to this problem

and correct it in a timely manner... IF THEY CHOSE TO, which they obviously don't.

You know this, as well as I do.

0 Likes