Thunderbolt Auto-Rotate
rivergpait

My auto rotate has quit working. I can shut the phone off and turn it back on and the email/text msgs etc. will be back to "normal" (phone taller than wide). As soon as I rotate the phone (wider than tall)  the screen rotates and stays there. It will not return to the "normal" orientation again unless I turn off the auto-rotate feature in the display settings. Any help is appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Thunderbolt Auto-Rotate
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3

Did you try calibrating the G sensor? Found in: Home, Menu, settings,display

0 Likes
inspectorwood

Did the calibrate G sensor and mine still not working either for my T-bolt

0 Likes
LenaA_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you for the information provided, that is a great suggestion. Have you tried that rivergpait? Let us know if it worked for you. 

Thank you, 

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Try Smart Rotation and see if it  helps...  This gave me more control on which app rotates and which one I dont want...

https://market.android.com/details?id=net.xdevelop.rotator_t&feature=search_result

0 Likes
Dejbfli

That app unfortunately did not Work for me.

is there any other suggestions?

0 Likes
ArichFL

My Thunderbolt started doing the same thing today.  Tried suggestions.  Still not working.

0 Likes
ArichFL

I recall that my auto rotate stopped working properly just after I had re-calibrated.  I assumed that when it instructed me to place my phone on a flat surface, it meant to have the bottom (when looking at phone when held) on the flat surface, which I did.  From that point it didn't work properly.  I even stopped into the Verizon store for advice.  They had no idea other than to revert to factory settings.  I chose not to.  Then today I tried one more thing.  I laid the phone flat on it's 'back' with the screen facing up.  Ran re-calibrate and voila!  It fixed the problem!  Good luck!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Just checking to see if this info helped anyone out? I would also make sure that if it is the browser that is also having a issue, make sure that landscape mode is not selected under the browser settings. Please let us know.

Thank you to everyone that contributed to this post. Take care all!

Nicandron_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter: @vzwsupport

0 Likes