Thunder Bolt SIM Default PIN
ramosans

I received this new phone about two weeks ago.  Today I try to establish a new SIM PIN number and the phone is lock.  I understand that I need a Verizon Default PIN before I try to create my own.  The default number was never issue or provided to my knowledge.  Can you please provide the 8 digits default number?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Thunder Bolt SIM Default PIN
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

ramosans wrote:

I received this new phone about two weeks ago.  Today I try to establish a new SIM PIN number and the phone is lock.  I understand that I need a Verizon Default PIN before I try to create my own.  The default number was never issue or provided to my knowledge.  Can you please provide the 8 digits default number?

Hi Ramosans,

Great news! You are able to retrieve your PIN code if your SIM card is locked. Below I have provided this information for you. 

If the wrong PUK is entered ten times the SIM card will stop working and a new 4G SIM card must be obtained.

When 4G SIM PIN is enabled, the user must enter the correct PIN before using the 4G device. The PIN will be requested on initial power up and if the 4G SIM card is transferred to another VZW 4G device.

• After three attempts, the SIM PIN will no longer work and the user will need to enter a PUK.
  • Customers are encouraged to use My Verizon, My Business, or VEC (Verizon Enterprise Center) to retrieve their (eight-digit PUK) code that will unlock the PIN.
  • Customers must enter the correct PUK within ten attempts.

If you have trouble retrieving the PUK information, please send me a PM and I can contact you to resolve. 

Thank you and have a great day!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Sounds like a situation for customer service not the forum because if they set the security then they would be the one with the info you need but I think you must have set the security up not Verizon because mine doesnt ask for a pin..

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

ramosans wrote:

Hi Ramosans,

Great news! You are able to retrieve your PIN code if your SIM card is locked. Below I have provided this information for you. 

If the wrong PUK is entered ten times the SIM card will stop working and a new 4G SIM card must be obtained.

When 4G SIM PIN is enabled, the user must enter the correct PIN before using the 4G device. The PIN will be requested on initial power up and if the 4G SIM card is transferred to another VZW 4G device.

• After three attempts, the SIM PIN will no longer work and the user will need to enter a PUK.
  • Customers are encouraged to use My Verizon, My Business, or VEC (Verizon Enterprise Center) to retrieve their (eight-digit PUK) code that will unlock the PIN.
  • Customers must enter the correct PUK within ten attempts.

If you have trouble retrieving the PUK information, please send me a PM and I can contact you to resolve. 

Thank you and have a great day!

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Again Ramosans,

Here is a link for you to assist you with the step-by-step information for your SIM card. 

http://support.vzw.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=39725

Note: Customer selected SIM PIN codes cannot be retrieved if forgotten. Verizon Wireless does not store or have access to SIM PIN codes.

Thanks again!

0 Likes
bl33dgarn3t

hi , i just recieved a thunderbolt today and i need help getting the PUK for my phone.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Thats strange that you need to unlock your SIM because you recieved a replacement device, I got a replacement and all I had to do was place SIM in and power up...   Just curious did you activate card security when you had it in previous device because it shouldnt activate on its own..

0 Likes