This should make some of you happy
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Came across this today, though y'all should know.  http://www.vzbuzz.com/2012/03/htc-thunderbolt-part-of-an-htc-user-test-for-ice-cream-sandwich/ Guess an ICS update actually IS in the works, now if we could just get some more info on ICS for the Rezound.

0 Likes
Re: This should make some of you happy
askjeeves
Contributor - Level 1

Yayuh!

0 Likes
DroidM
Enthusiast - Level 2

So just wondering I recently up graded to the Razzr Max, but still have my T-bolt. Curently use it around the house with WiFi, and let my oldest son use it. Plan to eventualy activate it for him once I know it's not going to be destroyed in less the 24 hours.(He is a Pre Teen ther hard on electronics:)

Anyway it serves as a backup incase somehting happens to my Max as well. This being said I want to keep it as up to date as posable so IF and when the Update rolls out (Im seriosly not holding my breath) for the T-bolt will I still be able to receve it OTA even thou it is not activated?? I know my OG Droid was able to do this and my wifes Droid 2 Global coudl as well but thouse wher Moto phones and Im not as familuer with HTC phones..

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

I'm pretty sure it has to be activated to receive any OTA updates. That being said, as soon as you do reactivate it, the OTA should be pushed to the phone.

0 Likes
pmkoul
Contributor - Level 1

im just happy they are really going along with this update thing hopefully the testing will be useful

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i believe demmo is right. however, i thought that was the case with all phones, so i'm not sure how your old droids got updates pushed to them? in any case, you could activate the tbolt on your line, get the update, and then activate you maxx on your line.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Could be done manually if the update file was made available.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Demmo Sounds good now if some of that Sunshine can be sent over to my.. Maxx ....Some Ice cream love would be sweet!  

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

We have an actual official announcement from Verizon Wireless now (shocking I know!)

http://news.verizonwireless.com/news/2012/03/bl2012-03-06.html

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Now all we need is a time frame.