This phone is very frustrating
fufah

It has barely been 24 hours since I've received my 2nd replacement HTC Rhyme and already the same thing are happening as my last ones. 3 phones in less than 6 months is crazy to me.  There has to be a better way. If this is what the wonderful world of smart phones is like then I should have just kept my old phone. The Rhyme keeps shutting down or the screen blacks out after almost every call. It will ring but I can't answer it. Can not add my e-mail to this phone, keeps giving me an error message.  I am a mother with 2 small children and need to be able to answer my phone. How many replacement phones do I need to keep sending back before Verizon bucks up and gives me a new phone all together. I regret wasting my upgrade on this phone. Way to sucker punch a loyal customer of over 8 years. I need a better solution then yet another replacement. Please help!

0 Likes
Re: This phone is very frustrating
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

On each replacement phone, are you reloading the same applications as the previous device? Try using the phone without any applications from the Play Store or in safe mode to rule out application conflicts.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
fufah

I will try it but really, waht is the sense of having a cool smart phone if I can npt use apps with it?

0 Likes
fufah

I have uninstalled all the apps that I downloaded but had yet to even open and it is still having the same issue.

0 Likes
cscilley
Enthusiast - Level 3

You can change the settings on the phone, so that it does not black out when you are not using it.  Try resetting the phone, by holding down the top button and touch restart.  It takes a while for it to completely load up, so don't think that it froze.  The e-mail app does not work well on this phone.  I use a different app.  I use the gmail app for my gmail account, and the yahoo app for my yahoo account.  There are also other apps that you can download and use.

Carolyn

0 Likes