Tbolt 4G Question
jdudley1019

Okay, I'm looking at getting my first smartphone April 19th(the Thunderbolt).  I know that I have to get the $29.99 data package which is fine.  But will I have to pay more for the 4G?  I noticed that people are saying that Tbolt buyers get "free" 4G until May 15th.  So here is my question(s):

When May 16th comes along....will I have to pay more to have my phone work properly?  I've tried figuring this out through extensive research but I guess I'm just behind the times and don't understand the whole data package/mobile broadband/3G and 4G jargan.  Why would you have to pay more than the $29.99/mo. for the 4G service?  None of the forums and what not makes sense to me. 

People are talking about 3GB for $30/mo and I guess I don't get it?  So in order to have a smart phone...I'm going to have to pay $60 extra a month or am I not understanding everything correctly?

I don't wanna buy the Tbolt or any other smart phone for that matter if I'm going to have to pay like $60 a month so if anyone can answer my question(s) I'd appreciate it.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Tbolt 4G Question
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Right now, the data plans for 3G and 4G both cost $29.99 for unlimited data. There has been talk of Verizon moving to a tiered data plan structure but no ETA on that. The mobile hotspot on the phone (normally a $20 add-on) is free until May 15th.  At the time, people will need to start paying for it if they want to use the "official" mobile hotspot.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Tbolt 4G Question
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Right now, the data plans for 3G and 4G both cost $29.99 for unlimited data. There has been talk of Verizon moving to a tiered data plan structure but no ETA on that. The mobile hotspot on the phone (normally a $20 add-on) is free until May 15th.  At the time, people will need to start paying for it if they want to use the "official" mobile hotspot.

0 Likes