Task Manager for HTC One
luvinlife0039
Enthusiast - Level 2

What is the best task manager for the HTC one?

0 Likes
Re: Task Manager for HTC One
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

None. That's is my answer to your question. I don't need to force close any app unless it is acting weird.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
luvinlife0039
Enthusiast - Level 2

But I only have the 2GB usage on my plan.  I went from a 3GB to a 4GB phone so I am using about 1GB more a month.  There are apps that keep opening on my phone and is killing my usage.  I downloaded the Advanced Task Manager and the Verizon techy told me to remove and ask what the best one to download is on the forum.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

I assume you mean you went from a 3G phone to a 4G phone. The G in those phone types has nothing to do with GB, but "generation" of cellular connection. You do not necessarily use 1GB more in data/month when you switch from a 3G phone to a 4G phone.

If there are apps opening up and using data, then you need to change the settings in those apps to only use data when you would like. If there are apps which you don't want/need, then you can just disable them in the app manager of your settings menu or delete them altogether if they are not pre-loaded bloatware.

luvinlife0039
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I went from a 3G phone to a 4G phone...my bad.  Typo on my part.  So...what you are saying is that I should either change the settings so the apps I don't want to randomly run don't open on their own or delete them.  You do not recommend downloading a task manager?  Thanks!

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

No, I do not recommend downloading a task manager. Having the correct settings in each of the apps would be MUCH better. Having an app continually open only to be shut down by a task manager just eats up unnecessary battery capacity and would not necessarily curtail unwanted data usage. Having the apps not running or even on your phone if you would prefer they are not there would be a better method to reduce data usage.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can use the Data Usage settings to restrict some applications from using background data while on the 3G/4G network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.