TB and car mode
moneil1002

When I plug my TB into my car dock; when I make or recieve a call and have the 3mm audio plugged in, i can hear the person speaking through my car speakers, but they can not hear me!  This is horribly annoying!  What use is the car dock if this is seriously an issue.  Is there a fix?  With a substantial amount of travel, might make me return this phone if no solution

0 Likes
Re: TB and car mode
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

The Thunderbolt has a bug where it thinks that anything that is plugged into the 3.5mm headset jack has a built-in mic.  No ETA on a fix

0 Likes
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

moneil1002 wrote:

When I plug my TB into my car dock; when I make or recieve a call and have the 3mm audio plugged in, i can hear the person speaking through my car speakers, but they can not hear me!  This is horribly annoying!  What use is the car dock if this is seriously an issue.  Is there a fix?  With a substantial amount of travel, might make me return this phone if no solution

Replace car radio with a nice unit that has bluetooth phone and audio capabilities. I have a Pioneer ( avic-d3 ) in dash navi w/ dvd, bluetooth phone and audio, ipod hook up ( not needed ), and the list goes on. I got it on ebay about 3 years ago and it works awesome with all my Androids. I use it with my T-Bolt to play seasame street songs for my daughter  via Youtube while going places. All I have to do is have my buletooth turned on and I dont even need to touch the T-Bolt to play music or make a call. It doesn't have to be a big expensive unit it just has to compatable with the T-Bolts bluetooth so test it in a store before having it installed.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pioneer-AVIC-D3-GPS-Audio-Video-BT-Great-Condition-/220772406143?pt=LH_DefaultDo...

0 Likes
jmack02
Enthusiast - Level 2

i have a sound system with BT in it and it wont pair up with it... Not an old system either..2011.... My old phone worked great.. pairs with the audio not the phone..

Sucks

0 Likes