Re: TB Update Available Now
MELeBlanc

And as I clicked the submit button on that post I caught the HTC logo on the phone out of the corner of my eye... was fluctuating between 2 and 3 bars and it rebooted.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

MELeBlanc wrote:

PJNC284 wrote:

Are you in a poor signal area?  That's a known issue of the same version that was leaked weeks ago.

"Leaked"?

I had no update available up until yesterday afternoon when I checked after hearing that it was available... now that it is installed my phone is rebooting on its own.. and yes I am sometimes in a poor signal area.  But I would think that if there was nothing available until yesterday that I would be getting the official "unleaked" version of  the update?

The version they pushed out ota is the same as the one that's been floating around in other channels for almost a month.  Random reboots in areas with flakey signal plagued the leak and it doesn't look like they changed anything significantly to fix that between the leak and "official" ota.  Not really much that can be done about it on the users end.

0 Likes
MELeBlanc

I just got off the phone with tech support and they said that this was not a reported issue with the update.  They had me do a factory data reset (the computer tech equivalent "did you try rebooting?").  As I was going through the setup steps again it rebooted again.  The response was "We're going to send you a new phone"... and by "new phone" they actually mean a factory reconditioned phone.  So the phone is just over the two week marker and I am going to end up with a used phone because of this update.  Awesome "Welcome to Verizon" experience!

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Verizon's techs never cease to amaze me.  I got $5 that says the replacement will have the same problem if you update it.  I've been running the leak since ~ april 18th and it works perfectly with no reboots here in Garner/Raleigh, NC where I live and work.  I've been to my parents twice who live about 15 miles west of Wilmington and the signal isn't the best and get 1 to 2 random reboots/day like clock work when I'm there.

0 Likes
ruletheair
Enthusiast - Level 2

I want to pot this as well - Anyone on Exchange ActiveSync email, try to email a picture. Before and after the update, the picture stays in the outbox resending itself over and over and over until you manually delete it from the outbox and reboot the phone. Then it will stop.

I like the phone, its fast and I like the large screen - but this has to be one of the worst droid phones since the original droid as far as bugs go. That thing sucked and so far this one does too.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i can't even get the update? i go to check for software updates and after about 30 seconds or so of checking for it, it just returns the message "service unavailable." is this because it's being pushed out in batches???? 

0 Likes
MELeBlanc

PJNC284 wrote:

Verizon's techs never cease to amaze me.  I got $5 that says the replacement will have the same problem if you update it.  I've been running the leak since ~ april 18th and it works perfectly with no reboots here in Garner/Raleigh, NC where I live and work.  I've been to my parents twice who live about 15 miles west of Wilmington and the signal isn't the best and get 1 to 2 random reboots/day like clock work when I'm there.

Well I certainly will not be updating the next phone... at least not until the subsequent update is out!!!

0 Likes
Joeybr17
Enthusiast - Level 1

My TB has been rebooting ever since the update as well.  No appararent explanation,  a medium and full battery life, when on the phone and when idle.   So far no explanation on these forums or the droid forums.  I love the Thunderbolt, hope I can get this fixed.

0 Likes
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

MELeBlanc wrote:

I just got off the phone with tech support and they said that this was not a reported issue with the update.  They had me do a factory data reset (the computer tech equivalent "did you try rebooting?").  As I was going through the setup steps again it rebooted again.  The response was "We're going to send you a new phone"... and by "new phone" they actually mean a factory reconditioned phone.  So the phone is just over the two week marker and I am going to end up with a used phone because of this update.  Awesome "Welcome to Verizon" experience!

Not to crush your hopes that you might get a decent replacement but I just got mine last night and since then it has rebooted while trying to compose a text, text notification stays on sometimes, the gray piece between the screen and body below the home menu back and search buttons has fallin off, lost data connection, there is light coming from between the menu and home buttons like the screen isn't aligned correctly, and I get an ERROR message when checking for updates on 3g or 4G. So I'm putting the refurb back in the box and sending it back because my original Thunderbolt that tech support told me has a hardware issue is better than the replacement.  

0 Likes
MELeBlanc

Well it is definitely signal related.

I tried just shutting off the mobile network (basically turning it into a vanilla cell phone) and it rebooted soon after doing that.  Since it was rebooting every 10-15 minutes and draining the battery in doing so, I figured it was not doing me any good anyhow so experimented by putting it in Airplane Mode.... not a single reboot occurred.

0 Likes