System UI Error
HTC987
Enthusiast - Level 2

I received the latest system update this morning from Verizon.  The updated install but when it rebooted I got an error message, "Unfortunately, the process com.android.system.ui has stopped".   There is an "ok" button to push but it just keep popping up that same error message.  I have rebooted, restarted, and power down but I can't get that message to go away.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Re: System UI Error
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to ensure you have the best experience possible with your HTC One. Does this error message appear at specific times? (Such as when launching the browser)

Typically when you see an error message such as this after the update we will have you clear Cache Partition. I have provided the instructions below:

1. Go to Settings, Battery, and uncheck Fast Boot. This is very important.

2. Turn the phone off.

3. With the volume rocker held down, turn the phone on.

4. When the boot loader screen appears, let go of the volume down button.

5. Use the same volume button to select Recovery and then press the Power button

6. You will then see a red triangle with a ! in the middle. Press and hold the volume up rocker and then press the power button once, Let go of the volume up button and use the volume down rocker to select “Wipe Cache Partition”

7. Press the Power button once, briefly.

8. When the same screen appears again, “Reboot System” should be highlighted. Press the Power button once to select and the phone will restart.
YosefT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
HTC987
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi YosefT_VZW!

Thank you for your prompt reply, it is very much appreciated.

Verizon sent me a replacement HTC One equipment, which I activated this morning.  I used the SIM card from the defected phone into the replacement phone.

I tried the steps you outline but that error message still pops up.  I do not have a SIM card in the defected phone.  Will that caused the steps you outlined to fail?  Can I remove the SIM card from the replacement phone temporarily and place it in the defected phone just to get it to come up so I can retrieve my sms messages?  Or will that cause issues once I place the SIM card back into the replacement phone.

Again, I appreciate your time and expertise in this matter.

- Ron -

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello again HTC987! I'd be happy to provide clarification. You can certainly put the SIM card back in the old device. This will reactivate the old device while the SIM is in it, and won't cause any harm.

Clearing the cache partition is an effective troubleshooting step, but if there is something further wrong with the device, it may not correct the issue. I am glad you already have a replacement on hand, so you can get started with a working phone right away!

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes