Sounds: Ringtone/Notification sound levels
Drakuli
Enthusiast - Level 3

Most things have cleared up a bit with my HTC phone since the update. Most of the cosmetic/aesthetic things I felt were not functioning properly. (Scenes and such under personalize.) Now this may not be a big deal to most people but I have had this option since my last phone. Before the update, I could separate notifications volume from regular phone calls (ringtone) volume. Now however they are combined without so much as an option to change it. I get more texts than phone calls however, when I do get a call it’s usually important and I like the volume to be up loud enough that I will hear it. With the volume as one thing, I cannot do this. I get too many text messages and I have no 'none' in the notifications sounds. I checked to be sure, as this would give me less of a reason to be ticked about it.

With no "none" or "Off" for Notification sounds. I need the notification volume to; in the least, have the option of being separate from ringtones. Please for the love of all things, add something... If you are going to remove an option add in another or leave it there...

It's so dang frustrating all I'd rather do is take it back to the store.

I am currently using the 'facebook pop' notification sound. It’s the shortest, softest sound I could find in the list. I may try looking for a sound that is the equivalent of none from somewhere else. Assuming that between HTC and Verizon the incompetence levels are going to stay this high, given the sheer number of problems people are having currently. I am in the least glad that I am only frustrated about one or two things.

I’d also like to note that with the update it changed the dynamics of the personalization options to where if you do not have it set up in personalization to be default for both ringtone and notification sounds. They will not change in the settings for those sounds (where most people and myself go to change things like this…)

0 Likes
Re: Sounds: Ringtone/Notification sound levels
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

If you scroll all the way to the top of the ringtone list, there should be a silent option

0 Likes
Drakuli
Enthusiast - Level 3

There is none... Not even Ringtones as you have specifically stated. I looked under settings for sounds and in personalize for sounds. Neither my Ringtones or my Notification sounds have a 'none'

I could silence my phone entirely but what good does that do me when I want my Ringtone (phone call) volume to be loud enough for me hear it? My only calls are generally important ones, for instance from my school or my out of town mother while she is out on the road right now.

My notifications (text messages) however, are not as important and I either wish to silence them [which as stated I cannot] or to turn them down as a separate volume as I could before the ICS update. (or what ever everyone is calling it. Its not ice cream, its certainly not sweet and it was android 4.0 I think)

0 Likes
peakcomp

I know exactly what you are talking about.  They have combined the text & phone call ringtone volume levels as ONE now! 

it used to be separate!  now you have to have your Incoming Call ringtone and your incoming text tone the SAME volume.  Which is dumb.  I want my ringer LOUD and my text tone medium!  - not possible anymore since this update! 

Now, the question to HTC is:  Why on earth would they CHANGE that from the previous OS version?  I mean seriously?! 

K

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Actually you can blame Google for that volume change. The stock ICS operating system uses one volume levels for the ringtone and notification tone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
peakcomp

That is dumb.  100% dumb.  Thanks Google!  blah

0 Likes
Drakuli
Enthusiast - Level 3

Why didn't they at least add in a 'none' option for the notification sounds than? Because there is nothing in my 'stock' choices, I basically have no way to turn them off. My phone calls are important and I keep missing them...

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Ok, got a solution for you, install Zedge from the Play Store and search for silent ringtone. I just checked, and they have one.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

That's a Good one Demmo i'v been using since getting my Droids back in 2010)  b33 Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Drakuli
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have zedge, and as said I have been meaning to look. Then again I have had no time to really do so. It's a matter of principal that they should provide a way to turn off sounds. It's not something I should have go third party for. - Or is that second party? Doesn't really matter. I shouldn't have to go looking for a silent or none option on an outside source from the phone. Specially a phone like this that had a lot of personalization options.

0 Likes