Some of my text messages are not being sent or received.
sgraham984

I just switched from a iPhone 4 to the HTC One Max.  I noticed that some people that I correspond with on a daily basis were not answering my text messages.  Last night I received an email asking why I'm not responding to their questions.  This is detrimental to my business - what do I need to do so I can send/receive text messages to people in my contacts??  Do I need to get a different phone?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Some of my text messages are not being sent or received.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi sgraham984,

I apologize that you’re having trouble with getting messages on your Android device. Have you unregistered from iMessage prior to switching devices? If not, try sending a message to from your with the code 48369 and the word “stop” in the body of the message. To unregister from iMessage, use this link http://bit.ly/1lGoV7i.

EdW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi sgraham984,

I apologize that you’re having trouble with getting messages on your Android device. Have you unregistered from iMessage prior to switching devices? If not, try sending a message to from your with the code 48369 and the word “stop” in the body of the message. To unregister from iMessage, use this link http://bit.ly/1lGoV7i.

EdW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

There is nothing wrong with your phone. There is a mindset with APPLE that they will do whatever it takes to keep you from switching platforms if at any point in time you choose to use an iPhone. Other iPhone users are simply trying to send an iMessage to your old iPhone. Since Apple chooses to use a non-standard messaging system, when someone leaves that system for another platform, such as android which utilizes a more universal messaging system, those iMessages will simply sit in limbo UNTIL you remove all remnants of your existance in Apple's servers pertaining to iMessage. Until you do so, Apple makes it hard for iPhone users to contact you via SMS.

What EdW_VZW meant to say was to text the word "stop" to number 48369 from you phone. This should unregister your number with the iMessage system.