Software update not available?
thomjwilson
Enthusiast - Level 3

I know that there is not a new software update yet, but when I go to check new, I get an error. It tells me service unavailable. Before the outage it would tell me no new updates. Anyone else having this issue? I am getting 4G.  

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Software update not available?
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3
0 Likes
Dnakaman
Contributor - Level 1

Might just be a temporaty glitch.  I just checked mine and I don't get an error when checking.

0 Likes
philhyde
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am getting the same SERVICE UNAVAILABLE error.

0 Likes
philhyde
Enthusiast - Level 2

Working now.  Must just be a temporary thing.

0 Likes
JaySean
Contributor - Level 1

Same error here, even when I have good signal. It seems that the thunderbolt has a lot of data issuer it could just be me. Sometimes when I go to the market or  browse the internet I always get the message 'Network Error has occurred'

0 Likes
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

Doesn't matter if it works or not.... I got this from HTC this morning

HTC

"Unfortunately Gary, we are still investigating the issues that have been reported with the HTC Thunderbolt and we do not have an ETA on a fix or update to resolve these issues. Once we have developed an update or fix for these issues. It will be announced on our website. I recommend that you continue to check our website for any updates or fixes for your HTC Thunderbolt".

WEAK....

0 Likes
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
NICE find, GreenRobot! Hmmmm wonder when that will start hitting our phones?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

Some forums have said that a leaked version of this is out there but people still are not very happy... Apperently random restarts are one of the most noticeable issues. Remembering back to Droid X days it would reboot when it started getting slow. I wounder if they added this to the T-Bolt to force a reboot instead of wait for the user to do it???

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

GreenRobot wrote:

Some forums have said that a leaked version of this is out there but people still are not very happy... Apperently random restarts are one of the most noticeable issues. Remembering back to Droid X days it would reboot when it started getting slow. I wounder if they added this to the T-Bolt to force a reboot instead of wait for the user to do it???

When Droid X would start running slow and required a reboot toresolve was related to low system memory...  This could be the same but when memory gets to low the device will automatically freeze and reboot to recover from the issue, this sound more like the possible reason for a reboot when a device starts lagging and freezing.

0 Likes