Software Downloaded Incorrectly
UnhappyAfter11Years

My Thunderbolt was working great until about a week ago after an automatic software update.  The phone has been sluggish in nearly every capacity (text, data, accessing apps).  Tech support said there was a glitch when the software downloaded but cannot re-load the update.  To fix the problem they would have to reset the phone to factory settings which will erase the text history--I need original texts for personal legal issues.  I'm available for an upgrade but don't want to spend the money to replace a good phone because of a software error.  Any suggestions? 

After 11 years of loyalty with Verizon I was hopeful the company would be better able to help  me rather than just offer what was already available before the bad software update--AKA: Verizon's actions messed up the phone and the customer should have to pay to correct it.  If the situation cannot be fixed, my next move may be to put up with the problem for a couple months so the contract expires and then visit ATT, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc.

0 Likes
Re: Software Downloaded Incorrectly
rcschnoor
Legend

UnhappyAfter11Years wrote:

Any suggestions?

Yes, download and install SMS Backup & Restore to your phone. Backup your text messages onto your memory card. Factory reset your phone. Reinstall SMS Backup & Restore. Restore your text messages from your memory card.

0 Likes
Re: Software Downloaded Incorrectly
UnhappyAfter11Years
Thanks.  The phone works the way it used to. 
0 Likes