Shoud have got the Bionic
godawgs324

Does anybody's phone send your text messages to random people in the inbox? It is so aggravating! Also, does anybody know if verizon will send me a free one after the you have been through so many? I have been through 3 thunderbolts on account of the screen cracking way too easy. Even with a case on.

0 Likes
Re: Shoud have got the Bionic
SeaJohn

No problem here with randomly delivered text messages.

I have a feeling that the Bionic's screen would crack just as easily as the Thunderbolts...

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I really dont know how to respond to this one, I have seen Thinderbolt owners drop their device on a number of hard surfaces without damaging anything, I have drop mine once face down on a concrete ground and my screen did not have so much as a scratch.   If you have had 3 devices and the screen has broke on all three, taking about bad luck.

After dealing with my device and seeing what it usually takes to brake a screen I really dont think the device is the nature of the issue.  You may want to take a look at how you are treating your device.

Good luck on a solution but I am suprised the insurance company has just stop covering the device and having so many damaged svreens, the EVO was the only HTC that had a poor designed screen and there hasnt been any reports of this being a issue with Thunderbolts.

Now as for the message being sent to wrong userm I still think this is caused do to users syncing from Facebook...  It has issues with importing numbers incorrectly so if this happens it would cause the message to be sent to wrong users but I havent notice this issue on my device at all so I cant verify....  But also I dont use Facebook either..

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

What on earth are you doing to crack the screen?  Can't blame Verizon for physical damage.  And if you'd gotten the Bionic, you'd probably be complaining and wanting Verizon to switch the Bionic out for a Razr when it's released.  Bionic forums should be amusing in early November.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i have NO case and i've (and by "i've" i mean my kids) dropped it twice. no damage.

0 Likes
kennedmh
Enthusiast - Level 2

My understanding is that the problem with texts going to random people isn't a Verizon problem.  It's a known bug in Android 2.2, Froyo, and has been fixed in Gingerbread.  There's nothing Verizon can do about it except give us the long promised and delayed GB update.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Hopefully your wait won't be long for the GB update to show its head again... I think the hold up now may be HTC resolving the security bug that was reported, I'm guessing they will roll both fixes on one update...

0 Likes
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

@godawgs324,

I understand your frustration regarding the text messages being sent to random numbers from your inbox. This has also happened to me on my Thunderbolt. 

This is a known issue and will be addressed in the next maintenance released for the Thunderbolt. Unfortunately, I do not have a date when it will be available but we are working diligently and it should be available as soon as possible. 

In regards to the screen cracking, I apologize but we would not replaced the phone for a cracked screen as this is considered physical damage and not covered under the warranty. In case the screen cracks you would need to file a claim with the insurance if you have it on your phone.

I hope this information has been helpful.

0 Likes
tattooedchick
Enthusiast - Level 3

The Bionic forums are already amusing.  I just love reading these forums to see everyone complaining about these android devices.  I'm really waiting for the Galaxy Nexus to come out just to see how many complaints it gets and how soon.

0 Likes
Sherry1956
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, see my posts.  I regret getting this Thunderbolt.

0 Likes