Re: Seriously Verizon, no FM radio on the HTC one
carseller0822
Contributor - Level 3

I would like to encourage everyone to voice their concerns to the executives at VZW. here's a link to a page listing executives on the national and regional level
http://aboutus.verizonwireless.com/leadership/executive/index.html

I doubt that the bigwigs themselves will see our complaints but one of their minions will. I learned from previous complaints about the Nexus that every complaint filed with the BBB caused a new incident to be filed and a new follow up. Did it accomplish anything? Probably not. Did it cause discomfort for Verizon? It most certainly did.

0 Likes
jasonchicago

So, I've just spent 20 minutes reading through all of the replies. Unless I've missed something, has Verizon responded directly to the question: "Why did they choose to disable the FM Radio in the HTC One Hardware?"  Is the FM Radio Chip actually removed, or just disabled? And, if it is just disabled, is there an app that would enable the chip?

Thanks!

0 Likes
SoCalScott
Enthusiast - Level 2

If I knew they were going to disable the FM tuner, I would have made another purchasing/provider decision. I need to use an FM radio at the gym as that is the only way I can hear the audio of the TVs while I work out (they broadcast the audio over FM). I thought I was getting that feature with my HTC One only to find out that Verizon disabled it. Makes no sense at all to me. So now I have to bring two different devices with me when I work out. How does that make my life easier? Don't disable what's built in! Or do you want people to go with another provider that lets them use all the included hardware features?

Not applicable

The spec sheet on the HTC One here does not mention a FM radio so that would have been a huge clue it doesn't have one. For future reference don't expect any phones on Verizon to have a FM radio

0 Likes
SoCalScott
Enthusiast - Level 2

HTC's own website does not mention the FM tuner (not all phone manufacturers or providers list every single hardware feature in the listed specs). However, if you look at the CNet review for the HTC One, as just one example, it does mention the FM Tuner being built-in. That is a selling point for some and to learn that Verizon disabled it while other providers allow it, makes me question my future decisions to stay with Verizon.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Well if its not an official feature then you shouldn't be mad it's not enabled. That being said if you want an FM tuner on a smartphone then Verizon is probably not the carrier for you.

0 Likes
SoCalScott
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not an official feature? Of course it's an official feature of the HTC One. If HTC chose not to highlight a particular feature on their website, that doesn't make it an unofficial feature. Why not save the money and not include a TV tuner at all in the hardware if they didn't want it there in the first place. Other carriers allow their customers to access this official feature. Verizon chose not to enable it. I get that. Choosing Verizon was a mistake.

0 Likes
Not applicable

It's not listed on there official specs. An FM tuner is a radio, every other type of radio is listed on their specs. Weird isn't it?

0 Likes