Re: Seriously Verizon, no FM radio on the HTC one
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

You've been hanging around the Enlightened too long.

TJHAW
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nonetheless, the other carriers versions of this phone DO have FM radio enabled. For some of us it's a very nice feature to have and it's a big disappointment it's not available on Verizon on this otherwise very nice phone. Why does verizon have to make everything so difficult?

Klue
Master - Level 1

Hmmm what U. S. carrier has it enabled?

0 Likes
_cst
Enthusiast - Level 1

I concur with your disgust.

My Verizon HTC One will be going back into the box and back to  the store... No worries.

The only people - other than some execs at Verizon - who are content with "crippling" the hardware are Verizon's competitors!

One of which (three letters and symbol) will be getting my mobile business very soon. (And I'll get a much a better-priced plan!)

The responses I have gotten from VZW's reps ranged from, "What's the FM app do?" to, "I hope you know that it's not my fault..."

budone
Legend

And still without an FM radio, Sometimes I wonder why such things are such deal breakers, especially when the competitors phone does not have the option either.

Oh well

krubby
Enthusiast - Level 3

The responses I have gotten from VZW's reps ranged from, "What's the FM app do?" to, "I hope you know that it's not my fault..."

What exactly should they have said?  They can't magically create a feature the phone does not have. 

0 Likes
krubby
Enthusiast - Level 3

As a side note, if you like the phone for everything else, can't you just buy like a cheap sandisk clip+ for like $25-$30 and use that in the rare times you need live fm that an app can't provide?  I know it is another device to carry, but the thing is the size of a postage stamp and weights about as much ...  not exactly a pocket filler.

could be an alternative.  heck for the restocking fee they charge would basically cover the cost.

TJHAW
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got this limited info from HTC

"We can confirm the radio has been removed as a function from the phone but can not confirm if it was removed from the hardware or the stock applications."

Of course the rep also went on to tell me I can stream many fm stations.

Ugh. They don't get it either.

0 Likes
scarshapedstar
Contributor - Level 1

My 3-year-old OG Droid Incredible has it. As others have noted, it used to be a cool feature across many HTC phones. Now it's just a cool feature on HTC phones on other carriers.

Funny, I thought Verizon was all about helping us keep our data use down. Maybe they're under the impression that TuneIn Radio is actual radio. Yep, that's gotta be the explanation... otherwise I'd think they were full of it.

0 Likes
Not applicable

T-Mobile has it. And I have the phone and it works perfectly. Verizon has crippled the use of it.