Re: Seriously Verizon, no FM radio on the HTC one
scarshapedstar
Contributor - Level 1

Someone should sue AT&T for listing "Built-In FM Radio" on their features list, then. And ask the AT&T users what voodoo they're using to listen to it on their phones.

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/devices/htc/one-32gb-glacial-silver.html#fbid=Mgd7kunU8Is

Reality bites. Especially if you're stuck with Verizon. On the other hand, I'm sure they had $ound reason$ for forcing people to stream radio stations over their oh-so-generous data pipes.

0 Likes
scarshapedstar
Contributor - Level 1

>> Post removed for discussion of moderation per the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
scarshapedstar
Contributor - Level 1
0 Likes
Not applicable

It most certainly is on the HTC One with T-Mobile see screen shots attached.

0 Likes
scarshapedstar
Contributor - Level 1

I dunno, maybe because my rusty old OG Dinc does it without buying a stupid extra device, and because the chip is built into the phone and we'll undoubtedly get a workaround in the future anyway. Maybe Verizon just likes encouraging the dev community or something.

scarshapedstar
Contributor - Level 1

Gotta be photoshopped, because Verizon wouldn't do that. I mean, when people were asking about the phone a month ago, they referred them to AT&T's product page to check out the features, implying they'd be the same. They'd never lie to us.

Say it ain't so, Verizon?

0 Likes
Not applicable

Bwaaaa yeah right, Verizon would never do that? I am living in a Twilight Zone episode

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

That still doesn't explain why you can't get the clip. 

0 Likes
scarshapedstar
Contributor - Level 1

I'm not sure you grasp the concept here.

3 years ago, my smartphone let me listen to the radio without having to pay $50 for a terrible mp3 player. In fact, my old phone still just works fine for this.

The question is, why do Verizon HTC One owners have to tote around crap iphone nano knockoffs or deactivated phones while AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint HTC One owners can just plug in their headphones the way  HTC intended?

I thought you were supposed to be the home team here, but all you're telling me is that Verizon wants us to be fiddling with extraneous crap gadgets while our friends from other carriers laugh in our faces. Maybe they should put that in an ad.

>Minor edit<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator><

ronaldravin
Enthusiast - Level 2

very disappointing, if we're going to pay all this money why should we put up with a crippled version of the phone? i'm sure it's still in the hardware and disabled because they can make more money that way. waited all this time for the one on verizon but might just take my business to at&t anwyay.

0 Likes