Seriously Verizon, no FM radio on the HTC one
wacnstac
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wow, have had verizon android phones for a long time and loved to use the FM radio to catch up with my hometown team either listen while at the game or when I was away upstate.   Now i get my HTC one and find out you have disabled this?  (comments removed)  The FM radio was a deal maker for me with Android vs iOS and now you took it away.   Please don't tell me I can stream FM stations, I'm well aware of this, but due to the MLB app, the stations with the baseball broadcasts can't be streamed.   Also sometimes I am out in the sticks where I can pick up an FM stations but my streaming capability would be limited.

Comments have been edited for languages as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

Re: Seriously Verizon, no FM radio on the HTC one
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Out of the three or four android phones I have owned, only ONE had the FM radio in it. Almost all different manufacturers too.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

The only Android phone I can think of off the top of my head that actually has it is the DInc2.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Droid Bionic has it, but the Jelly Bean update didn't support it, so the feature was moot once the update was applied.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The HTC Thunderbolt has it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
wacnstac
Enthusiast - Level 2

HTC one's on other carries have the FM radio!

https://support.htc.com/en-uk/005-HTC_One/0E0/020/010

0 Likes
TJHAW
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon--what's up? HTC One has working radio on other carriers. I hope you didn't disable it in a lame attempt to increase data usage. I had the DINC2 and love the FM radio. Great for listening to sports when you can't watch. If it's not some marketing, then please explain why it's not enabled. Sigh. Maybe taking the phone back or changing carriers.

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

I have read It was Samsung"s decision not to add Fm radio capabilities to the One.  There is not one carrier in the US that has a One with FM radio.  Please prove me wrong with an official carrier's bulletin that says their device has the Fm radio app built in.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Klue,

Since when did Samsung make the HTC One phone?

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

Gooood grief.  I meant HTC.  My fingers and brain was not in sync this morning